Will the iPad 4 remain...

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
.....for sale, when the iPad 5 hits the streets? Just wanted to hear some thoughts.

I was looking at picking up an iPad 4, but with so many rumors of a possible April announcement I am wondering if I should hedge my bets and wait.

The iPad 4 has everything i need and then some. If the specs are significantly different enough would Apple keep both for sale and lower the price point of the 4 and drop the iPad 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will the iPad 4 remain......

The 4 will be around as long as there's stock on hand to sell... if you can manage to find a low volume dealer, you may find iPad4s a month or more after the next iPad releases.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

When that happens is the price point reduced? I don't currently own an iPad and have never followed the price trend after a new release.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

The best place to go for reduced prices is the refurb section of the store at apple.com. Other places like Best Buy will reduce prices as well. It's doubtful Apple would keep making new ipad 4's so remaining stock will get discounted at stores to get rid of them. This also results in a chain effect. iPad 3's will go further down in refurb price. 6 months from launch, you'll see refurb ipad 5's, driving down prices even further.

KaterinaM

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

When that happens is the price point reduced? I don't currently own an iPad and have never followed the price trend after a new release.
Of course, the price will drop after the release, just like it happens with all gadgets today. They will persuade you that you do need iPad 5, but if you are sure that iPad 4 covers all your needs, just wait a bit and buy it wilth the cost reduced.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the input. I really figured all I needed was a mini. But the retina display has me hooked and I don't think I can handle pixelated text when zoomed in as many reviews have said. That being said I guess if apple puts retina in a mini when they release the 2nd gen that could be an option as well.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I have seen Best Buy sell the iPads for $50 off, but I can say I was at AT&T (moving to them this month) and they mentioned they are offering $100 off iPads with their data plans right now so if you are in the market you can get a deal with them. FYI, if you are like me at want 128GB iPad 4 they have to order it, but negotiate to insure you get the $100 of with the 128GB.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info. I will have to keep an eye on Best Buy.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site

They will sell the iPad 4 at a reduced price, but I'll bet the 128 GB size won't be available any more...

born2ride41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

They are still selling the iPad 2 so I would say it will be available a lot longer than a couple of months....

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

I did not know they still sold the ipad2. This is great.

iPad 2 does not have a retina display, has the outdated 30 pin dock connector, is only available in 16 gb size, and is only $100 less than a new 16 gig iPad 4 and $50 less than a refurb iPad 4. If you read through all the rigamarole on Apples website, refurbs get new batteries. Just passing on information to help you make an informed decision. I went from a 1st gen 32 gig wifi to a 64 gig 4th gen wifi and I have use over 40 gigs of space.

nitinparmar1985

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
i think they will ditch the 2 and keep the 4 as the second option just to move all products to the Lightning connector.......that being said i have a new iPod Classic that still has a 30 pin, hmmmmm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods