Will iPad stop supporting iPhone Apps?

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking that with the new longer aspect ratio for the iPhone5 that these apps won't be able to be "doubled" when installed on an iPad. I'm assuming Apple will eventually stop releasing apps for the old iPhone aspect ratios (4 and 4s). Obviously its better if all apps have iPad versions but there are cases where I have iPhone versions of apps that aren't available or aren't as good as the iPad app or that I only purchased the iPhone version of and would have to pay again to buy the iPad version. I guess you could still download the new aspect ratio apps but just not be able to 2x zoom in.

Thoughts?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There are 'universal' apps that play well on any current iDevice... and scale/render appropriately on available devices - developers will go that route if they want their apps to stay relevant, and operable for future devices.

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
That would be horrible. I can't stand the andriod / microsoft aspect ratios on most of their tablets

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
We are in 2013 and apple is still supporting the 3s in iOS updates. Are you honestly concerned they will drop support for the 4s anytime soon?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711