- iMore Beginner
- 59 Posts
Will iPad stop supporting iPhone Apps?
I was thinking that with the new longer aspect ratio for the iPhone5 that these apps won't be able to be "doubled" when installed on an iPad. I'm assuming Apple will eventually stop releasing apps for the old iPhone aspect ratios (4 and 4s). Obviously its better if all apps have iPad versions but there are cases where I have iPhone versions of apps that aren't available or aren't as good as the iPad app or that I only purchased the iPhone version of and would have to pay again to buy the iPad version. I guess you could still download the new aspect ratio apps but just not be able to 2x zoom in.
- 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM #2
Re: Will iPad stop supporting iPhone Apps?
There are 'universal' apps that play well on any current iDevice... and scale/render appropriately on available devices - developers will go that route if they want their apps to stay relevant, and operable for future devices.
- 03-26-2013, 10:33 PM #3
- 03-27-2013, 04:49 PM #5
- By iDonev in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-02-2015, 10:16 PM
- By MattMJB0188 in forum iPad 2Replies: 7Last Post: 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM
- By urbanrunner888 in forum Original iPadReplies: 4Last Post: 07-25-2010, 11:13 AM
- By paul100 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 05-01-2010, 10:28 AM
- By xintelinsanex in forum iPhone 4Replies: 32Last Post: 06-13-2008, 11:52 AM