iPad 4th Gen Cellular Data Plan Usage Warning

Unreal.images

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Every now and than, I would get a warning,( when using the maps app) that says, "There is no data remaining on your current plan. Would you like to add more data now? If you don't add now, you can do it later in settings.". This is odd, because the iPad is part of my plan. Because of this warning, my maps app would no longer work. I would have to go into settings, turn it on and off airplane mode, resetting the network connection. This happens enough for me to notice but, not a everyday thing. Verizon says, this is a, Apple thing. I would like to ask, what do you think may be the cause of this, and how would you be able to stop it?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Whether the iPad is part of your plan or not, if you reach your cap it's nice to get a warning. Are you actually getting close to your cap when you get these warnings?

Unreal.images

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
That is the problem. It was nowhere near the cap. Out of 10GB I was around 1.6 GB when that warning came on. The bad part is, it prevents me from using the app.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would have to agree that is some sort of glitch my 4th gen iPad does not do that it's Verizon also .. But my data is pre paid and not tied to my account

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd say glitch also ,because I have a 4th gen and a mini on my verizon 12 gb plan with my iPhone 5 and never received that screen on any of them just text to my phone at 50,75 and 90 percent but I request that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My sister ran into this problem as well, she used to be on a pre-paid data plan for her iPad and then I added her to my family share plan last year. She recently started getting the data warnings and she is on our 14GB data plan (we use our MiFi's as our home internet service) and what I had her do was restore her device but to not restore from a back up. Just install iOS again and then put all of her apps on there, make a fresh backup and she is not reporting any issues with data alerts.

I would suggest that, it could be a bug with Verizon's data reporting plan, she is not supposed to get any messages only my phone gets a message and I get email alerts, although we were close to our data plan one month when she ran into it but still it was unusual.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I get the warning on my iPad 3 also. Which I don't understand since there's two devices on our plan (DH's iPhone and my iPad) and both have the grandfathered unlimited data plan.

I just do a reset and it goes away. But it's really annoying. And my iPad is still running 6.1.

Meredith
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have this same issue on my iPad 4 since release and now my kids are getting the same message on their minis. Have talked with Verizon and apple and the possible explanations and fixes do not jive or seem to work.

Seems the iPads think they are on a prepaid plan, Verizon states that iPads sold in apple stores are of two types, prepaid and contract and I may have been sold a prepaid iPad. Apple store employees don't seem to share that notion and say there is no difference in prepaid v contact iPads, only cellular v non. That seems to jive with my knowledge of it as well, Verizon's does not jive. Verizon's quick fix is a reset, I found that simply going into airplane mode then back seems to fake it out and it resets the issue.

I have been dealing with this issue for months, about twice a month or better, getting old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77