Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chase Isley
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Won't send attachments???

So... I have a PDF file that needs to be sent via email. The last time I ran into this problem, I had to print the file, scan it and send if from my PC laptop --from the SAME email, but from my PC. It's ridiculous. Had this iPad since January --my first-- and I'm terribly disappointed at what a grind it is to use --inflexible and convoluted. So here's what I've tried:

First of all, the three emails I have connected are all pre-supported by the iPad 4: Microsoft Exchange, Google, and Yahoo!. I have tried sending the attachment with both Gmail and Exchange from the iPad, and the device acts like, and makes the sound like, it has been sent, but when I check my SENT box in email, it is not there, and the recipients never get the email or the attachment.

The file is about 3-4MB, and I have sent files from my PC using Gmail and Exchange with no problem with files that size. I read a forum earlier that suggested that I change the settings, but my Gmail was already set with the recommended settings, so there was nothing to change. Exchange did not have the same settings even available.

I have also tried sending different files from Safari, and another PDF program, with the exact same results: they "appear" to send, but don't. Sending emails without attachments works just fine, by the way. I can reply, compose and even forward emails that have attachments. Please help. This is my income, and I'm about ready to drop this $600 video game off a cliff.

Default Re: Won't send attachments???

login to your email provider via the iPad's Safari browser and double-check to make sure that the .pdf wasn't sent. If Gmail, check both the Sent and All Mail folders. Also note that there was a report of a Gmail disruption about 16 hours ago, but everything is alleged to have been taken care of. That report can be found HERE.
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I send emails and attachments using the iPad multiple times a day. Never had that issue. Could it be your connection? Try the Speedtest app and check your connection speed. Hope it helps.
    iPhone Beginner

51 Posts

Well, if it is happening on all three emails on the ipad, there has got to be a problem with the ipad... or the specific file itself possibly. Try deleting and re-adding your email accounts.
    Just_Me_D likes this.