Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By F34R
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    3,192 Global Posts

Default iPad 4 v iPad Mini in gaming

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the iPad 4 or iPad Mini forum but oh well. I am trying to decide on which to get. My main concern is gaming performance between the two. I have read some reviews that said that both can play basically all games at near the same performance (obviously the iPad 4 at a higher resolution). I was hoping someone could confirm this. I don't really want to buy the mini if it already can't play some of the best games at great speeds. Any help would be much appreciated!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: iPad 4 v iPad Mini in gaming

Speed is definitely different. The MIni has a dual core A5 processor, where the 4 has a quad core A6.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    Wasn't sure whether to put this in the iPad 4 or iPad Mini forum but oh well. I am trying to decide on which to get. My main concern is gaming performance between the two. I have read some reviews that said that both can play basically all games at near the same performance (obviously the iPad 4 at a higher resolution). I was hoping someone could confirm this. I don't really want to buy the mini if it already can't play some of the best games at great speeds. Any help would be much appreciated!
    If you can give me a list of games, I'll do my best to test them out on the 4 v mini.

What I would LOVE to see.. iPad Mini with at least the specs of the iPad4. A 720p screen would suffice.
    Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER
    jonathan2677 likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

All I can comment on is infinity blade 2 and the new real racing are both much smoother on my 4 I've had some lag and slight strain on playing them on the mini

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts

I have also played games such as running with friends and temple run 2 and they both sort of lagged on my mini. That's why I returned it and got a 4
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,813 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I have not tried but I would assume a 4 would be better that why I got it .. I play modern combat and I know when modern combat 5 drops I'll be glad I have a 4 vs a mini

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !