My iPad won't connect to my home network.

six_h

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This has happened on a couple of occasions, only briefly for less than 2 minutes.
This evening, I have been waiting for it to make contact with my router for nearly two hours!
Looking in settings, it says "WiFi not Connected" in the left panel, and "WiFi on" on the right hand side.
"Choose a network" just has a rotating "Progress GIF" which never finds my network.
My router shows my iPad as "inactive" and states that it's IP address is static.

I have had this tablet since the beginning of December and only a couple of times have I had to wait for it to establish a connection.
This is worrying me as there seems to be nothing I can do to make it work.
I have changed nothing at all in the settings, the iPad has not been out of my house since I bought it, so it has never used any other WiFi network but my own.
What is wrong with it?
Can anyone explain, or offer help, 'cos I'm lost?

Just tried to join my own network using the "Other" option, it allows me to enter the network name and encryption type and also the Router Password, it then tells me it "Cannot scan for networks"......it doesn't say why, which would be helpful!

Just noticed I'm in the wrong time zone!
Changed to GMT (London etc.)
Hmm... that hasn't changed the Edited time notification, now it's actually 23:53 here!

Back again!
"Google is your friend"....how true!
Found the answer here:-
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3945736?start=0&tstart=0

I am however unimpressed by this onset of Windows style flakiness...........I thought the pound of flesh that I paid for this kit lifted me above such antics!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Reset network settings on iPad and then try re connecting .. And I also assume other devices connect to router fine ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

six_h

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Err....That's what the link I posted said!
Other devices just tickety boo only the iPad proves to be flakey!

Not sure if this is the place, but I've just poured out a bucket load of bile to the laughingly named "Apple support" link.
No idea what it is they are supporting, but I hope it's nothing that's likely to fall on me as I've no confidence they could support anything!!
I keep getting told that the apple ID I'm attempting to sign in with is already registered
YES YOU STUPID SERVER......IT'S REGISTERED TO ME!!
How does one reason with an inanimate object? AAARRGGGH

I gave up in the end and attempted to create a new ID using another email address.
The damned machine tells me the address (which I've had and used for more than 7 years) is not a valid email address! GRRRRrrrrr
How on earth does one achieve this simplest of tasks in the Looking Glass World of Apple?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Err....That's what the link I posted said!
Other devices just tickety boo only the iPad proves to be flakey!

Not sure if this is the place, but I've just poured out a bucket load of bile to the laughingly named "Apple support" link.
No idea what it is they are supporting, but I hope it's nothing that's likely to fall on me as I've no confidence they could support anything!!
I keep getting told that the apple ID I'm attempting to sign in with is already registered
YES YOU STUPID SERVER......IT'S REGISTERED TO ME!!
How does one reason with an inanimate object? AAARRGGGH

I gave up in the end and attempted to create a new ID using another email address.
The damned machine tells me the address (which I've had and used for more than 7 years) is not a valid email address! GRRRRrrrrr
How on earth does one achieve this simplest of tasks in the Looking Glass World of Apple?

Is your router set up to connect via DHCP or Static? The reason I ask is because you stated that the router is showing your iPad with a static address and I took that to mean that you didn't set it up that way. Anyway, double-check your network settings. If DHCP is enabled then make sure the range is wide enough to accept your iPad. You can also try changing the wireless channel if your area is inundated with Wi-Fi signals. Also, something as simple as rebooting your device may fix your connection issues. Finally and as a last resort, you can backup your iPad and restore it as new via iTunes to see if that will remedy the problem.

Turb0x3r

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I know some people have a Belkin router and those are not exactly great. They experience disconnections so I told them to swap out to a different company other than Belkin and that seemed to fix the issues. Just my .02 cents.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW