Need honest guidance on iPad.

Ivin Laney

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll start with the back story to my problem. I'm a soldier based out of Fort Lee that works for an oral surgeon. My wife just recently bought me a new DSLR (nikon d5100) and my surgeon asked if I could use the camera to take a variety of photos of patients immediately leading up to and following orthognathic surgery. I told her that it wouldn't be a problem and i have been doing this for a couple of weeks. My problem is that I need a less clunky way to display the high resolution photos. I"m currently using a retina macbook pro and i was wondering if the iPad would fit my needs better based on your personal experiences. Also is there a way to quickly transfer photos from my DSLR to the iPad with the ability to make quick, mostly minor spot corrections? Lastly, would a Nexus 10 be a better fit because of the higher resolution?

PS: Not trying to be a troll. I would just love some honest feedback. I've never owned an ios device, own a galaxy s3 and macbook pro, but am completely platform agnostic.

v/r
Ivin Laney

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It is an absolutely good solution. If you get the Retina iPad(4) and the SD card to Lighting cable you can transfer pictures to the iPad from the camera on the spot. The retina display is beautiful to see the images on. As for spot edits on the photos, there are more editing apps than I can mention and a lot of them are really good. I use iPhoto, Photogene, PhotoForge2 and Retouch.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It is an absolutely good solution. If you get the Retina iPad(4) and the SD card to Lighting cable you can transfer pictures to the iPad from the camera on the spot. The retina display is beautiful to see the images on. As for spot edits on the photos, there are more editing apps than I can mention and a lot of them are really good. I use iPhoto, Photogene, PhotoForge2 and Retouch.

This is very good advice, and pretty much what I would have said if I had got here first! :)

The iPad (4th gen w retina) would be perfect for this... and to the OP, thanks for your service.

Ivin Laney

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info, I'm going to give that setup a try. I've already ordered them today, with help from the surgeon :). Thanks for making my first posting experience an extremely positive one. I sincerely appreciate the help.

v/r
Ivin Laney

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2