Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Can't decide

I currently have an iPad 1 that I am planning on selling. I can't decide between the iPad 4 or mini. My iPad 1 is a 32g that I use for web surfing and video. I need help.

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Can't decide

Were you content with the size of your first generation iPad? Do you think the size of the iPad Mini will be sufficient for your needs? Can you go to a nearby retail store that has both the iPad Mini and the new 4th generation iPad on display to physically handle? That is what I recommend you do and afterwards, you can then decide which one, if any, is best suited for you. We don't know you so we cannot make that determination for you. Know what I mean?
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-17-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Can't decide

Unless you are really concerned about portability, i would go with an iPad 4. I have had an iPad 2 and bought a mini and if I could only have one, I would go with the larger, iPad 2/3/4. Much easier to surf the web and larger screen for videos. If you just needed it to fit in your pocket for casual surfing, email or reading, the mini would be OK, but if it is your go to device around the house or out and about if you are not using a laptop or don't have one, the full size iPad is easier and more practical. My kids have an iPad 1 and it feels like a tank compared to the 2/3/4. I would try them in a store and see how practical it is to use a smaller device all the time for what you want to do with it.
    iPhone 5s (64GB, AT&T), iPhone 5 (64GB, AT&T)
    iPad Air (128GB, Verizon), iPad Mini2 (128GB, AT&T), iPod Touch 5 (64GB),
    iMac, Mac Mini x2, MacBook Pro 13R, MacBook Air 11,
    Apple TV x3
    ... itís like a giant Apple Pie !!!
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't decide

I stopped at the Apple store yesterday and played around with both of them. I am leaning towards the 4. I do like that I can just have it sitting in my lap like a laptop. Now to decide if I need a 32gb this time.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Can't decide

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf79 View Post
    I stopped at the Apple store yesterday and played around with both of them. I am leaning towards the 4. I do like that I can just have it sitting in my lap like a laptop. Now to decide if I need a 32gb this time.
    I decided with a 16 LTE model I had a 64 but I realized after having all the space I didn't really use a lot of it I have iTunes Match and Dropbox and iCloud so even with 16 space is not that big a issue ... If you plan to store a lot of movies then you would need more but you can store one or two and swap them easy on the 16
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Can't decide

Coming from iPad 2, I'm also very turned on which I should get. I use my ipad extensively for work and research, not to mention the games. Leaning more toward the 4 because of the larger retina screen (which I have not experienced yet). Have not seen the mini yet since its not launched in my country, so the option is still debatable