Can't decide

dilligaf79

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an iPad 1 that I am planning on selling. I can't decide between the iPad 4 or mini. My iPad 1 is a 32g that I use for web surfing and video. I need help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Were you content with the size of your first generation iPad? Do you think the size of the iPad Mini will be sufficient for your needs? Can you go to a nearby retail store that has both the iPad Mini and the new 4th generation iPad on display to physically handle? That is what I recommend you do and afterwards, you can then decide which one, if any, is best suited for you. We don't know you so we cannot make that determination for you. Know what I mean?

Last edited:

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Unless you are really concerned about portability, i would go with an iPad 4. I have had an iPad 2 and bought a mini and if I could only have one, I would go with the larger, iPad 2/3/4. Much easier to surf the web and larger screen for videos. If you just needed it to fit in your pocket for casual surfing, email or reading, the mini would be OK, but if it is your go to device around the house or out and about if you are not using a laptop or don't have one, the full size iPad is easier and more practical. My kids have an iPad 1 and it feels like a tank compared to the 2/3/4. I would try them in a store and see how practical it is to use a smaller device all the time for what you want to do with it.

dilligaf79

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I stopped at the Apple store yesterday and played around with both of them. I am leaning towards the 4. I do like that I can just have it sitting in my lap like a laptop. Now to decide if I need a 32gb this time.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I stopped at the Apple store yesterday and played around with both of them. I am leaning towards the 4. I do like that I can just have it sitting in my lap like a laptop. Now to decide if I need a 32gb this time.

I decided with a 16 LTE model I had a 64 but I realized after having all the space I didn't really use a lot of it I have iTunes Match and Dropbox and iCloud so even with 16 space is not that big a issue ... If you plan to store a lot of movies then you would need more but you can store one or two and swap them easy on the 16

h_A_Z

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Coming from iPad 2, I'm also very turned on which I should get. I use my ipad extensively for work and research, not to mention the games. Leaning more toward the 4 because of the larger retina screen (which I have not experienced yet). Have not seen the mini yet since its not launched in my country, so the option is still debatable