iPad4 - Now or around Thanksgiving?

bagarwa

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking forward to buying the iPad4 soon but wondering whether to get it now or around thanksgiving time.

1. Does Apple or any retailers (Target / Best buy etc) run Black Friday discounts / offers for iPad? [this is my first year in USA] Will I save some money or get any free accessories if I buy it around that time?

2. I'm leaning towards the wi-fi model as I'm thinking that I'll tether it to my Galaxy Nexus and use my cell phone's data. That is possible, right? Or does Android and iOS not look eye to eye?

3. File transfer between iPad and windows PC - how easy or difficult is it?

I've been Android only since last one year and have no experience whatsoever of iOS. That's why the questions above might sound silly. But I really need to know those. Any help is welcome. :)

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
1. Yes on Black Friday there are deals Target and Best Buy are both discounting. Target $60 gift card and Best Buy $40-60 off.
2. Yes you should have no issue tethering. It is no different than any other wifi.
3. You can use like Dropbox on your iPad then it will be on computer.

bagarwa

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I have a few follow-up questions.

1. I checked both Best-Buy and Target sites.
Best-Buy's iPad4 page is TBD - This Week's Tablets and eReaders Offers
Target's iPad4 page is quoting the full retail price - Apple? 64GB iPad with Retina display - White (MD... : Target

Could you let me know where are the offers you mentioned available? A link perhaps? That'd make my day. :)

2. Cool. One less issue to worry about.

3. I have to use a 3rd party tool, like dropbox?? I can't simply plug the iPad in my laptop using the lightening-usb cable and transfer files to and from the computer??

Regards.

WAQAS4

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I also will be looking to buy a Ipad 4 on Black Friday. Now I was looking at the Ad hosted by Target, and it doesn't list which model will they be selling. I need the 32GB Ipad

Can someone help?

- - - Updated - - -

vp710

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I also will be looking to buy a Ipad 4 on Black Friday. Now I was looking at the Ad hosted by Target, and it doesn't list which model will they be selling. I need the 32GB Ipad

Can someone help?

- - - Updated - - -

Depending on whether or not you live in a state with sales tax, and how much it is, you may still get a better deal ordering from powermax as they charge no sales tax and no shipping. And you don't have to deal with the near-post-apocalyptic holiday retail experience.

WAQAS4

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Depending on whether or not you live in a state with sales tax, and how much it is, you may still get a better deal ordering from powermax as they charge no sales tax and no shipping. And you don't have to deal with the near-post-apocalyptic holiday retail experience.
I live in the US. and I checked the powermax site, the Ipad 4 is the same expensive price $599 ???

vp710

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I live in the US. and I checked the powermax site, the Ipad 4 is the same expensive price $599 ???

Yes but considering the sales tax will be around $50 in most places, and I doubt the iPad4 will get discounted more than that for Black Friday, my reasoning was that you wouldn't be saving much more than if you ordered through them and paid no sales tax. And you avoid Black Friday madness.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Derekreation

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was considering buying an iPad 4 from BestBuy because of their Black Friday sale and I get an additional 5% cash back from my credit card. Then I read more carefully and saw that BestBuy's Black Friday deal on "iPad with Retina Display" was the iPad3, with the A5X processor. Shady.

Target all the way

bagarwa

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I heard that name for the first time and went to their site. But the cartoon-ish site didn't inspire any confidence. And the iPad4 page there only had a phone number and a chat link. So, no digital cart? Only in-store?

I was considering buying an iPad 4 from BestBuy because of their Black Friday sale and I get an additional 5% cash back from my credit card. Then I read more carefully and saw that BestBuy's Black Friday deal on "iPad with Retina Display" was the iPad3, with the A5X processor. Shady.

Target all the way
Target selling at full retail price + tax. They're giving $60 gift card. Hmmmm... I'm wondering whether the 'one day sale' apple is hosting on Friday will give me 50-6 $ discount instead. Hope their 'offer' is not app store credit.

Btw, the target $60 card offer is 'in-store' only or applicable online too? And any expiration date on that card?

bagarwa

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Finally placed my order at Apple online store. Got $61 discount on the iPad4 64GB white one. Threw in a red case which was giving $15 discount. Had to pay taxes though. Totally it cost me $742. Yea, MacMall would've cost me less, but didn't have a good experience when I had called them in the morning to inquire about some stuff. And the online chat was also pathetic.

Now waiting impatiently for my first apple device to arrive. Butterflies.

WAQAS4

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That's great man, I am also getting mine today at the apple store. I am just having trouble deciding which color to get white or black

bagarwa

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I personally prefer black; white being stain magnet. All my devices are black; well other than my external HD which is silver.
Anyway, I've been seeing for years that people go crazy for 'white one' in any device and they fly off the shelves much quicker. So, I ordered the white one to see what's all the hoopla about.

vp710

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I heard that name for the first time and went to their site. But the cartoon-ish site didn't inspire any confidence. And the iPad4 page there only had a phone number and a chat link. So, no digital cart? Only in-store?

Credit card over the phone I suppose.

They got some great reviews online and a lot of people have reported a stellar customer service experience over at macrumors.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73