Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Default Having trouble getting PDF's to iBooks

I got an iPad 4 today and everything went smoothly during the install except for iBooks. I have a number of PDF's that I store in iBooks.
    They never got installed from the iCloud backup. I thought I could send them via email and send them to iBooks when I open them.
    However, with the iPad it does not seem to work that way, I am not getting the dialog box to "Open in iBooks". Any ideas????
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I recently restored my iPhone and I couldn't get my PDFs on there again either. Everything restored through iCloud except PDFs. Possibly an iOS 6.0.1 issue?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I don't think it works with the iPad. I finally got it to work by attaching to emails.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

Default Re: Having trouble getting PDF's to iBooks

I send a lot of pdfs to my iPad 3. I just send it as an attachment to my email. When I open the email, I open the pdf, then click on the arrow at top and it says open in iBooks. It could be that you need to doenload the free version of PDFReader to get it to work. Also, I have had a few pdfs that had security on them that did not allow me to do anything but open them, but it was only a couple.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,903 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Re: Having trouble getting PDF's to iBooks

If you want to put the PDFs in iBooks without emailing them to yourself open iTunes click on Books and drag the PDFs into the list. Sync with the iPad and then when you go into iBooks hit the button at the top that says Books choose PDFs and the shelf will flip around showing all the PDFs.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)