4G LTE or 32 GIG

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
IMHO Apple makes it difficult to choose an iPad. I have pretty much decided on the Retina 4...
Now I have to decide on 4G or using the extra 100 bux for a 32 GB model.
Most people don't end up with the 4G. Interested in hearing your feedback.

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi - Are you saying if I get the LTE iPad and don't activate the cellular, I can still use the GPS (does that include the GPS apps?)
in the car? That would seal it...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It would have to be a 3rd party GPS mapping app that preloads maps. I'm sure someone with experience with those apps will chime in on which ones work best.

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Dude don't get the cellular unless u absolutely have to. I'm in the same boat as you, I need 32GB but I kinda wanted the LTE, but then I realized I always have my phone with me so I can just tether my iPad from my iPhone. And besides, there's WiFi everywhere nowadays , AND it's an iPad 4 so I'm guessing your like me and its gonna mostly be at home or at family/girlfriend/friends houses and not always with you so with WiFi only you are set. Don't spend the extra $130 on cellular that u will have to pay extra for as well, spend the extra $100 and get more memory :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mokkush

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Let me start of by saying, it entirely depends on what you plan on doing with it (and where you are for 3G/4G service). 4G iPad is amazing, and I say it's definitely worth it. Something incredibly convenient about having an always-on 4G LTE connection (assuming your area is covered well - mine is).

If you don't think you'll use the 4G when you're not on WiFi, then don't worry about it. Go with the additional memory.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I made this same decision today I got the iPad 4 .. 4g ... Too many times I needed Internet and didn't have it so this time I went 4g life problem solved lol

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Dude don't get the cellular unless u absolutely have to. I'm in the same boat as you, I need 32GB but I kinda wanted the LTE, but then I realized I always have my phone with me so I can just tether my iPad from my iPhone. And besides, there's WiFi everywhere nowadays , AND it's an iPad 4 so I'm guessing your like me and its gonna mostly be at home or at family/girlfriend/friends houses and not always with you so with WiFi only you are set. Don't spend the extra $130 on cellular that u will have to pay extra for as well, spend the extra $100 and get more memory :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

TOTALLY AGREE! Especially if you have iPhone for being able to use hotspot, you will need more space than LTE.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods