Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Thumbs up 10 reasons why the iPad 4 is worth getting:

Found this nice write up today about why the 4'th generation iPad is worth getting. It is what helped change my mind about the iPad Mini that I was going to get and order the iPad 4 to replace my iPad 3 instead.

Here are the 10 reasons that are listed in the link:

1. The A6X processor

2. Welcome to Lightning

3. iOS 6 is tops

4. It won't be updated any time soon

5. The big display is important

6. For corporate users, it's what employees want

7. The design hasn't changed

8. The mobility factor is still there

9. The competition is subpar

10. Bet on the quality
    Thanked by:
    Rash1 (11-11-2012), RobT43 (11-23-2012)
    taz323 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,175 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Re: 10 reasons why the iPad 4 is worth getting:

The only thing on that list that would make me even think about updating my iPad 3 would be the A6X processor. But its not like my iPad 3 is slow by any means, it will still be viable in 2 years, and my iPad 3 is jailbroken and thats huge.
    linsiris likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default 10 reasons why the iPad 4 is worth getting:

If I was in the market for a full size tablet, I'd get the 4th generation, no question.

But I have been awaiting a smaller iPad and Friday I will have it.
    [FONT=Garamond]iPhone 4 32GB Black, 2012 MBP 13" i5/FONT]
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    3,691 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Found this nice write up today about why the 4'th generation iPad is worth getting. It is what helped change my mind about the iPad Mini that I was going to get and order the iPad 4 to replace my iPad 3 instead.

1. The A6X processor

2. Welcome to Lightning

3. iOS 6 is tops

10. Bet on the quality
    so the only notable difference to the ipad3 then is the processor, marginal camera buff and everything else pretty much identical?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

I'm sorry but to say the competition is sub par is not true there are already android tablets on the market that out perform the iPad and now with the Nexus 10 coming soon that beast will definetly blow the iPad 4 away with its screen resolution and bench mark tests. Not only that its eco system isn't locked down like the apple products are.
    henywatty and Rancid88 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JPhillips63 View Post
    I'm sorry but to say the competition is sub par is not true there are already android tablets on the market that out perform the iPad and now with the Nexus 10 coming soon that beast will definetly blow the iPad 4 away with its screen resolution and bench mark tests. Not only that its eco system isn't locked down like the apple products are.
    No Android tablet outperforms the iPad. Microsoft has a better chance at selling tablets then Android.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

I have to. Agree with Jp the new nexus 10 coming out will be a beast of a tablet it will most likely beat if not be on par with the iPad 4 and the resolution is better as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    henywatty likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by bsanto9 View Post
    I have to. Agree with Jp the new nexus 10 coming out will be a beast of a tablet it will most likely beat if not be on par with the iPad 4 and the resolution is better as well

It might be however running phone apps makes any android tablet look smooth it needs real apps for tablets to get a true experience specks are not everything that's hype that android fan boys draw up because those device need all that power and for what to run blow up phone apps I will take the iPad or iPad mini any day until google fixes that and gets real tablet apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    DaPhoneking (11-08-2012)
    jayrod88 and DaPhoneking like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

Well I'm not going off that I'm going off the fact that is will be utilizing a Exynos 5 proc

Global Posts
    20,217 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post

1. The A6X processor

2. Welcome to Lightning

3. iOS 6 is tops

10. Bet on the quality
    These are all compelling reasons to indeed upgrade to the 4th generation iPad. No doubt about it, however, until my iPad 2 is rendered useless, either mechanically or by *my* opinion, I am not buying another tablet, at least not for myself....
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    3,691 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fubaracing7374 View Post
    No Android tablet outperforms the iPad. Microsoft has a better chance at selling tablets then Android.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    when you say outperform, you have some form of app or ability in mind? you can have all the horsepower you want but unless something uses it then is it really worth it?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

Hahahaha android tablets SUCK I know I've owned them. Go back to android central with that crap. Nexus 10? 300 PPI still couldn't get the display a better rating than the retina display. Displaymate said themselves that although the nexus 10 has 300ppi it lacks in color saturation and contrast compared to iPad with retina display. And even if they exceed in benchmark tests, doesn't mean jack s*** because we have custom chips MADE for iOS in our mobile devices and they are always gonna be better than some generic Tegra chip they put in all other devices. Tablets were created by apple and they continue to lead the way. Same with the iPhone. iPad is an amazing device and I can't wait to get my Retina 32GB iPad

Ipheuria and DaPhoneking like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by JPhillips63 View Post
    Oh brother here we go.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iPhone Newbie

I've had bad experiences with Android tablets. I went from Advent Vega to iPad to Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 to Nexus 7 to iPad Mini. Coming back to iPad is like a breath of fresh air. It's weird, every Android tablet I had was way way better than iPad on paper, and yet disappointing in practice. The Nexus 7 has a 4 core CPU, almost overkill with the specs, so why did nearly all the games I downloaded for it chug along at terrible framerates, then the same games run perfectly and look better on my new iPad mini which uses dated specs?

I also had this problem where Android tablets and phones use the same App Store so most apps were phone apps that got badly stretched out to tablets screens, even Facebook and eBay.

It just seems like all the specs mean nothing compared to optimisation and software, which is why I'm sadly sceptical about the Nexus 10 despite it's insane specs. :-/

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD
    nj1266 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,175 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaura1234 View Post
    iPad 4 vs iPad 3, which one is better? I just want to know.
    Well obviously if you have neither and they were at the same price point get the iPad 4.

I own an iPad 2 and an iPad 3. The only reason I upgraded to the iPad 3 was for the Retina display nothing more. I will not be getting an iPad 4 and I will more than likely skip the next version also unless its groundbreaking. I mean honestly what else could they put into a tablet that would make it a must have?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Truthfully no other device currently on the market even the Nexus 10 can beat the iPad 4 spec wise. The GPU on the Nexus 10 works extremely well but the iPad 4 GPU is literally overboard. Only if Apple paid this much attention to their GPU on their Macs.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,569 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoboWarriorSr View Post
    Truthfully no other device currently on the market even the Nexus 10 can beat the iPad 4 spec wise. The GPU on the Nexus 10 works extremely well but the iPad 4 GPU is literally overboard. Only if Apple paid this much attention to their GPU on their Macs.
    It wouldn't matter if the Nexus 10 beat them in specs. You don't get ipad apps on a Nexus.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    2,544 Global Posts

What iPad apps are you talking about? I bought an iPad 3 because I was thinking there were so many apps out there that were really good, but in all honesty it is not the case. A lot of people on here talk about the junk in the Android play store but never talk about the junk in the app store. There are also A TON of junk apps in the app store.

Sent from my GeeEssThree
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,464 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The only thing I want to know about the iPad 4 is how the LTE is.... I know it hasn't come out yet but eventually I want to replace my iPad 2 WiFi with an LTE version. Although the bigger question is do I go ahead and invest in the 4 or await for the 5......
    "If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried"... -- Terrence C.

iPhone 5S 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 4 128GB + LTE, iPad mini Retina 128GB + LTE, iPad 2 64GB Wifi, Apple TV 2 & 3, MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011), iMac (2008 Intel), Powerbook G4, 2 Powerbook G3's, indigo iMac
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It wouldn't matter if the Nexus 10 beat them in specs. You don't get ipad apps on a Nexus.
    Well your right but a lot if ignorant people will try to say android has better specs blah blah blah. On a Engadget post that the Samsung galaxy s III outsold the iPhone 4S Q3 he didn't realize that it was only for one quarter. Android fans are what iOS fans were a year ago. Droidcows. It's a shame really. And realize that I'm talking about ignorant people who know nothing and cause the flame wars to start.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

I'm sry but I just can't stand when android ppl bi*** about iOS . iOS is amazing and android is buggy -PERIOD. Get over it. Android cool? Yes it is cool, is it buggy compared to iOS? Hell ya. Are there junk apps in both app stores? Yes. But I guarantee u apple has stricter guidelines for apps and that the junk ones don't stay as long, in google play I have seen the same spammed out junk apps there forever. That's another thing. iOS doesn't allow for apps the SPAM your notification center up like android allows. iOS always asks before an app does ANYTHING to your phone or to use your info or location or whatever. There was stuff on twitter recently about how many cases there are of android phones getting viruses now, yes phones are now being attacked by viruses. The joy of open source for a phone where u keep so much personal info. I don't want to have to get a virus blocker that may not work, I was iOS which is a secure and closed source. But that's just me, and most ppl on imore. And I respect android fans, i do. Just no need for them to constantly come to our forum talkin smack , and same goes for us going to there forum doing that. We all gotta be cool. However I can talk as much crap on buggy laggy android on imore as I want just like they can do the same about iOS in their forum (Jk)

Thanked by:
    DaPhoneking (11-16-2012)
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Irish rose your saying it won't updated anytime soon.There will be a iPad come out in the spring time of 2013 and I would put money on that we will probably see a bigger screen just like the iPhone 5 because apple always test on there smaller devices first then apply to there bigger devices last.Here is a example they have put retina in the iPad then they put in retina in the iMac an MacBook range

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by macleod644 View Post
    I'm sry but I just can't stand when android ppl bi*** about iOS . iOS is amazing and android is buggy -PERIOD. Get over it. Android cool? Yes it is cool, is it buggy compared to iOS? Hell ya. Are there junk apps in both app stores? Yes. But I guarantee u apple has stricter guidelines for apps and that the junk ones don't stay as long, in google play I have seen the same spammed out junk apps there forever. That's another thing. iOS doesn't allow for apps the SPAM your notification center up like android allows. iOS always asks before an app does ANYTHING to your phone or to use your info or location or whatever. There was stuff on twitter recently about how many cases there are of android phones getting viruses now, yes phones are now being attacked by viruses. The joy of open source for a phone where u keep so much personal info. I don't want to have to get a virus blocker that may not work, I was iOS which is a secure and closed source. But that's just me, and most ppl on imore. And I respect android fans, i do. Just no need for them to constantly come to our forum talkin smack , and same goes for us going to there forum doing that. We all gotta be cool. However I can talk as much crap on buggy laggy android on imore as I want just like they can do the same about iOS in their forum (Jk)

This is what we are talking about. Same page man, same page.
    iPhone Nanite

Thanks for the share. I'm thinking that maybe I should get one.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

This is my first iPad. I got the 4th generation, not the mini and I absolutely love it. I am finding many apps that are specific to the iPad as opposed to universal for both iPhone and iPad (Pulse is the latest one I found) and am finding that all the apps I use run smoothly and quickly. My son bought me a Pandigital Star (an android tablet) for Xmas a year or two ago and I could really only use it for reading books. The apps that I had on it ran but didn't scroll as smoothly as this iPad does and I am really enjoying the extra screen space. I think android has too many variations (phones verses tablets with many different os versions and different resolutions) to come up with as stable of apps that apple does. I chose a case that lets me turn my iPad in either portrait or landscape mode and it can rest in my lap or on my desk so the weight isn't an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast