Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: 10 reasons why the iPad 4 is worth getting:

Omg. Why in the hell are android tablets even being brought up to answer this thread? Seriously, why brag about what your engine can do if you don't have a transmission worth 2 cents to go with it (The engine being the processor and the transmission being the OS/ app infrastructure)? Trolls go home: Android Central!
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Default 10 reasons why the iPad 4 is worth getting:

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaura1234 View Post
    iPad 4 vs Nexus 10, is iPad 4 better compared both specs and performance?
    When it comes to smartphones or Tablets the specs don't always make the device. I've had many Android tablets as well as iPads and I can tell ya this when it comes to the iPad 4 I doubt the Nexus 10 offered better performance in spite of its specs. The iPad 4 is fast, and combined with iOS 6.0.1 it is one of the best tablets on the market right now and should be for quite some time.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I dont understand why Android fanboys always go for specs over real life usage. Its the same thing that happened with Windows vs Mac a few years back.Real life usage > Specs any day of the week.
    iPhone Newbie

Agreed, I had a Nexus 7 before this iPad Mini and for something with such an insane amount of power in it (so much so that it would get very hot and the screen would start to come loose) it ran like total crap for a lot of games and apps. I'd take optimised software over high specs any day.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I will be getting a Ipad 4 but I am having trouble deciding on what color to choose from, White or Black,

I was already planning on getting White. Please let me know if that's a good choice, in terms of streaming videos, appearance
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by WAQAS4 View Post
    I will be getting a Ipad 4 but I am having trouble deciding on what color to choose from, White or Black,

I was already planning on getting White. Please let me know if that's a good choice, in terms of streaming videos, appearance
    I bought a black one I prefer the contrast and think the screen appears sharper.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I bought a black one I prefer the contrast and think the screen appears sharper.

I really want to get the white, but I don't it to be distracting while watching videos. I will be using a case that will block the white bezel. ??
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I really want to get the white, but I don't it to be distracting while watching videos. I will be using a case that will block the white bezel. ??
    Then if u r getting a case it really doesn't matter which color u get and having the white with a black case would be a nice color combo for the parts of the pad that do show

iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Then if u r getting a case it really doesn't matter which color u get and having the white with a black case would be a nice color combo for the parts of the pad that do show

Yea I think it will look great. I am pretty much going to use it in the case at all times.

Since you have the ipad 4, I want to ask is it really going to be worth it?

What do you do on your Ipad?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Yea I think it will look great. I am pretty much going to use it in the case at all times.

Since you have the ipad 4, I want to ask is it really going to be worth it?

What do you do on your Ipad?
    Well, this is my first iPad. I've had the iPhone 4 and now the 5 so that is why I decided to get an iPad. I chose the larger size because of the processor, screen real estate and retina display. I absolutely love using it. It is definitely worth it. All apps run smoothly and fast. I watch tv on it (I have Dishnetwork and a DVR with the slingbox) I have watched one movie so far, I Facebook, read my emails, twitter, play games like backgammon, solitaire, Yahtzee, Pac Man, surf the web, read books/magazines, crossword puzzles, and of course keep up on forums and tech sites. I use it at home when I don't feel like turning my laptop on and it is easier to read emails than on my phone.

I have a Targus 360 case so I can use it in both directions and rest it on my lap or desk and right now I have an zagg invisheild (sp?) smudge proof screen protector on it, but I think I am going to exchange the screen protector for the HD one because this one slightly distorts the screen. Not much but a little.

Hope that helps you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Down with the TROLLS !!!!!

Kill em all !!! And there cheesy phones.
    iMore Newbie

I have always been an Android person, BUT I bought the new ipad4. Looks awesome.

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Well, this is my first iPad. I've had the iPhone 4 and now the 5 so that is why I decided to get an iPad. I chose the larger size because of the processor, screen real estate and retina display. I absolutely love using it. It is definitely worth it. All apps run smoothly and fast. I watch tv on it (I have Dishnetwork and a DVR with the slingbox) I have watched one movie so far, I Facebook, read my emails, twitter, play games like backgammon, solitaire, Yahtzee, Pac Man, surf the web, read books/magazines, crossword puzzles, and of course keep up on forums and tech sites. I use it at home when I don't feel like turning my laptop on and it is easier to read emails than on my phone.

I have a Targus 360 case so I can use it in both directions and rest it on my lap or desk and right now I have an zagg invisheild (sp?) smudge proof screen protector on it, but I think I am going to exchange the screen protector for the HD one because this one slightly distorts the screen. Not much but a little.

Hope that helps you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I just brought my first Ipad, which was the Ipad 4, was a bit expensive than the sale listed price. I brought the White, but they said if I don't like the white one, then I can exchange it for the black one, which is great. I can't wait to open it, and I am going to get a Snugg leather case.

I don't know what screen protector to get, I need one that won't ruin the retina display. I also was going to get the Invisible shield, but I don't like the liquid part, where I have to spray some liquid on the screen, I need a good one?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I just brought my first Ipad, which was the Ipad 4, was a bit expensive than the sale listed price. I brought the White, but they said if I don't like the white one, then I can exchange it for the black one, which is great. I can't wait to open it, and I am going to get a Snugg leather case.

I don't know what screen protector to get, I need one that won't ruin the retina display. I also was going to get the Invisible shield, but I don't like the liquid part, where I have to spray some liquid on the screen, I need a good one?
    The zagg spray is very minimal .. You can have best buy do it if they mess anything up they redo it until its perfect ..
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 6

iPad 4 seems to be the the best tablets on the market right now. It looks just awesome!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by tracy08 View Post
    iPad 4 seems to be the the best tablets on the market right now. It looks just awesome!
    It's is I got a 4 last week
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Thanks for the share. I'm thinking that maybe I should get one.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    The zagg spray is very minimal .. You can have best buy do it if they mess anything up they redo it until its perfect ..
    Hey man since you have a Ipad 4 as well, can you help me with some basic information. I wanted to install some apps, but they were not free. Is their a way to install apps for free?

And I am using the ipad in the plastic, because O don't want to touch the actual screen yet, so I will be using it while it's in the packaged plastic. It's AWESOME.

By the way I also asked one of the assistance and they said if I don't like the white one, then I can exchange it for a black.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Hey man since you have a Ipad 4 as well, can you help me with some basic information. I wanted to install some apps, but they were not free. Is their a way to install apps for free?

And I am using the ipad in the plastic, because O don't want to touch the actual screen yet, so I will be using it while it's in the packaged plastic. It's AWESOME.

By the way I also asked one of the assistance and they said if I don't like the white one, then I can exchange it for a black.
    The free section on the App Store

Why use the plastic lol use the device how its meant to be used I have had several phones and iPads 1 2 and now 4
    Only used a screen protector on the 1 until I took it off never had a scratch now if multiple people are using it then I would use zagg but if its just you I wouldn't worry about scratches

Global Posts
    6,360 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

There are plenty of free apps but the ones you probably want aren't free. Wait for a sale or just pay for them. When someone can afford a $500+ device I'm amazed that suddenly they can't afford to (or don't want to) pay a few dollars for a decent app.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    There are plenty of free apps but the ones you probably want aren't free. Wait for a sale or just pay for them. When someone can afford a $500+ device I'm amazed that suddenly they can't afford to (or don't want to) pay a few dollars for a decent app.
    Yup your device is what you make it
    iPhone Nanite

What is the main difference between the 3 and the 4? Both of them have the A6 processor don't they? Is the GPU the only improvement?

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by muff3n View Post
    What is the main difference between the 3 and the 4? Both of them have the A6 processor don't they? Is the GPU the only improvement?

4 has a diff processor I think a6x
    Double speed than the A6
    Front camera and charging port

Those are the differences

Global Posts
    6,360 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

The iPad 4 has an A6X processor which is really similar to the iPhone 5's processor (might be clocked differently) but with a quad core graphics processor.

The iPad 3 has an A5X processor which is basically the iPhone 4S's processor with quad core graphics.

The quad core graphics in the iPad 4 are better than the ones in the iPad 3.
    iPhone Nanite

Thanks for the info guys!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast