Umm, the iPad 4 with LTE won't be available until mid-November either?

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I knew the iPad mini with LTE wouldn't be available until mid-November, but the same is true of the iPad 4? It seems to suggest this on the website.

What is going on at Apple? They have effectively stopped selling iPads for now, except for the extremely dated iPad 2.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The Wi-Fi iPad will be available by next Friday. I ordered a iPad 4 with LTE, Verizon. The status says this:
Available to ship: Mid November
Delivers Nov 26 via Standard Shipping

Anyone else have a sooner date?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I knew the iPad mini with LTE wouldn't be available until mid-November, but the same is true of the iPad 4? It seems to suggest this on the website.
The availability schedule for the 4th-gen iPad & minis was clearly stated during the event keynote earlier this week - and reported on several blogs. Should not have been a mystery.

mokkush

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm in a similar situation. I purchased not one, but TWO iPad 3s in the month of October, and my first one is quickly approaching the 30 day return-policy extension window.

They're both LTE devices, so I won't be able to simply upgrade on Friday. I'm left with a few options:

1) Return the old LTE iPad now, taking advantage of the 30 day return window, and wait 2-3 weeks for the new LTE to be shipped.

2) Return the old LTE iPad now for another LTE iPad 3 (the guy in the store said they're still selling them if people ask for them), extend my return window another 14 days, and wait it out. Maybe they'll ship before Nov. 14th. I don't know.

3) Return the old LTE iPad for a new iPad 4 without LTE, delivered on Friday, and play around with it until the LTE iPad 4 ships. Hopefully within 14 days, or I'll have to swap them again.

So my question is this: What's the normal window of time between the normal WiFi model release & the LTE release? Is this 3-4 week window normal? Is it inflated? Could we possibly see them within a week, or is that unrealistic? Was it this way for the iPad 3?

Just trying to gauge my options here. I use the iPad religiously for home & business, especially the 4G w/ Verizon (incredible service where I'm located). Thanks in advance for any helpful advice!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner