Were Dictation and Personal Hotspot enabled for you by default?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Neither Dictation nor Wi-Fi Personal Hotspot were enabled for me by default. I had to go into Settings and turn both on in order to use them. Apple also had me agree to send my voice queries and contacts to their server.

Georgia was the same.

Leanna says she was asked to enable Dictation during on-device set up.

Not us.

How about you?

anon414489

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak to the default status Personal Hotspot as I did not buy the LTE model, but I did have to manually enable Dictation and agree to Apple's ToS. I was not given the option to enable it during set-up.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
When I first turned on the device, it did ask me if I wanted Dictation, and I did find the Personal Hotspot until I had restored my iPad. I guess, I just never dug deep into my iPad.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I was asked about enabling dictation during setup. Haven't looked at hotspot yet.

Also, I think iCloud setup needs a little work. After 20 minutes of no apps installing I plugged into iTunes. Then I had to restore which downloaded 5.1 (1gb) before it finally began loading from my backup. :mad:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Was asked about enabling dictation during setup... Not hotspot... And no way to enable... Stupid AT&T :mad:

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I was asked during set-up at Apple about dictation. No one mentioned the hotspot feature; I learned about it at here! Thanks, Rene :)

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I was asked during initial setup if I wanted to enable Dictation. I only have the wifi model so Personal Hotspot was not an option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2