I already have an iPad 3 and I am trying to decide if I should add a 13 inch Macbook?

I

iMore Question

I already have an ipad3 and I am trying to decide if I should add a 13 inchMacbook would

I use my iPad primarily for email, web surfing, word processing and watching Hulu and netflix.
What advantages would the MacBook Air have over the iPad? Would I be better to wait for the iPad pro?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I already have an ipad3 and I am trying to decide if I should add a 13 inchMa...

Welcome to iMore! The main difference is that the MacBook is a full size notebook computer with a physical keyboard and a touchpad. Word processing is going to be your main difference based on your usage but web surfing and streaming Hulu and Netflix is a good experience on both devices.

I personally can't stand word processing on a mobile device which is a main reason I have a MacBook. I've also found that the web surfing experience is generally better on my MacBook because I'm able to view full versions of web sites (yes, this is possible on an iPad but you better have a magnifying glass and be prepared for things to look awkward) and the bigger screen just makes things easier.

If you're torn, visit an Apple Store and spend some time with the MacBook, but be prepared to spend some dough because they are phenomenal devices. It took me about a minute to fall in love with my retina MacBook.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2