Forgot iPad Passcode and need to get photos off of it, how can I do this?

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Forgot iPad Passcode and need to get photos off of it

A friend of mine forgot their iPad passcode and they have photos on it that they want to get off. It has not been synced to a computer so the photos are not on their computer.

Question: How can they get the photo's off of their iPad when they cannot remember the passcode?

Any advice is helpful.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Forgot iPad Passcode and need to get photos off of it

A friend of mine forgot their iPad passcode and they have photos on it that they want to get off. It has not been synced to a computer so the photos are not on their computer.

Question: How can they get the photo's off of their iPad when they cannot remember the passcode?

Any advice is helpful.

In short, you don't. If you"r friend" "forgot" the passcode, and the device is not backed up anywhere, the content is as good as gone.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

In short, you don't. If you"r friend" "forgot" the passcode, and the device is not backed up anywhere, the content is as good as gone.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WordPainter

May 17, 2014
Visit site

Sure he did. Very lame attempt to get help gaining access to a stolen iPad. Your "friend" is out of luck.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Sure he did. Very lame attempt to get help gaining access to a stolen iPad. Your "friend" is out of luck.

Very amusing for you to think the iPad is stolen.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Very amusing for you to think the iPad is stolen.

You have to admit, the premise sounds fishy. The "my friend" schtick seems a bit contrived. We've seen a lot of attempts to pass stuff like this off, so forgive us for being a bit suspicious.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

You have to admit, the premise sounds fishy. The "my friend" schtick seems a bit contrived. We've seen a lot of attempts to pass stuff like this off, so forgive us for being a bit suspicious.

No problem. I can understand that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No problem. I can understand that.

It's a 4 digit code. I think that's about 10,000 tries. Unless it's set up to wipe after 10 tries. It's not by default set up that way.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Since they didn't have the iPad synced to a computer nor did they have the photos in iCloud all they can do is restore it (erase everything) and be better prepared next time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Since they didn't have the iPad synced to a computer nor did they have the photos in iCloud all they can do is restore it (erase everything) and be better prepared next time.

They never did an iCloud back up? Not talking about iCloud Photo Library.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Don't believe so.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, my friend brought the iPad to me so I could take a look at it and not only is it locked, it's disabled. From what I have searched online the only option is to restore it. Her daughter set a passcode and forgot what it was and after numerous attempts to try to figure it out, the iPad is now disabled. Bummer.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, my friend brought the iPad to me so I could take a look at it and not only is it locked, it's disabled. From what I have searched online the only option is to restore it. Her daughter set a passcode and forgot what it was and after numerous attempts to try to figure it out, the iPad is now disabled. Bummer.

The End.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If there was a back up before it was locked, the photos may still be there in the back up. After restoring, set up from iCloud back up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro