Why won't my purchased books in IBooks open when it says they are downloaded?

Robert Ansley

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It seems to be wide spread. People all over the net are reporting it yet nobody at Apple or anywhere else seem to even understand it. I have an iPad Air 2, latest o/s, latest updates to apps. I've got plenty of space. I've hard booted my iPad, reinstalled apps, and re-downloaded the file. It says "downloaded" but nothing else. No cloud icon or open icon. I have a total of 15 different books showing downloaded but won't open. Getting really frustrated, I need these books for a class.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It seems to be wide spread. People all over the net are reporting it yet nobody at Apple or anywhere else seem to even understand it. I have an iPad Air 2, latest o/s, latest updates to apps. I've got plenty of space. I've hard booted my iPad, reinstalled apps, and re-downloaded the file. It says "downloaded" but nothing else. No cloud icon or open icon. I have a total of 15 different books showing downloaded but won't open. Getting really frustrated, I need these books for a class.

Do you mean the book is in iBooks, but when you tap on it, it will not open?
Have you tried swiping the iBooks app out of multitasking?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711