Has anyone updated their iPad 3 to iOS 8 yet?

NoMan69

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
No performance issues, but iMessage and FaceTime can't send or receive messages to iPhone telephone number anymore. Also iCloud and iTunes can't retain the Apple ID password and continue to ask for them. Resetting Network Setting, as some have suggested elsewhere, does not work.

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I held off on the ios 8, but have now done the 8.1 update and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Not as bad as what I have been reading from other posts. The iPad is still very useable. I have read that people have a delay of 1-1.5 seconds after pressing the home button, mine doesn't, it reacts pretty much instantly.

One thing that has really improved is the battery life. It is now brilliant. Maybe something was wrong in ios7, but my battery life was awful compared to my old iPad 2. The iPad 3 always seemed to be on charge because of the length of time it took to charge. This morning I have read my morning paper and checked the websites I normally look at which would have taken around 20% of the battery, but it has used just 7% using ios8!!

I have pre ordered the iPad air 2 and was going to sell the iPad 3, but it will now be given to the other half. (Saves me buying 2 iPad air 2's)

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I held off on the ios 8, but have now done the 8.1 update and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Not as bad as what I have been reading from other posts. The iPad is still very useable. I have read that people have a delay of 1-1.5 seconds after pressing the home button, mine doesn't, it reacts pretty much instantly.

One thing that has really improved is the battery life. It is now brilliant. Maybe something was wrong in ios7, but my battery life was awful compared to my old iPad 2. The iPad 3 always seemed to be on charge because of the length of time it took to charge. This morning I have read my morning paper and checked the websites I normally look at which would have taken around 20% of the battery, but it has used just 7% using ios8!!

I have pre ordered the iPad air 2 and was going to sell the iPad 3, but it will now be given to the other half. (Saves me buying 2 iPad air 2's)

The 1 to 1.5 second delay to home button occur with mine with reduced motion set to on. Still it does not bug me, and still able to be used normally.

efer castro

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have updated from iOS 6 o IOS 8 in my iPad 3. I noticed it goes smooth and the battery lasts much longer. I have only one problem. When I had official IOS 8 I could use all my sd cards with the apple card adapter, and usb pen drives as well. The first time I jailbroke it I could use them too, but since the last Cydia update I have not been able to use any of my cards or pen drives. I would appreciate suggestions to solve this. thanks :concern:

Manny_Fresh

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had an issue since monday when i updated. I now have to double click an app, use three fingers to move a page, click a an area and then double tap it to open it. Its almost like using the magic pad. Has anyone else had any issues like this and can point me to the right area to fix it?
Thanks!

G1ggs

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded my iPad 3 64GB to iOS 8.1.3 and I want to downgrade it to iOS 7 immediately but I can't find the way to do it. It runs slowly. :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro