This iPad has never been backed up to icloud???

learning2

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I applied the iOS 7.1.1 update, and it got stuck in recovery mode. It recovered, but restoring my settings has failed.

Itunes had a local backup from December (I know, should have backed up by hand before starting update.... sigh... I used to be paranoid about that but have gotten sloppy!) My ipad's icloud panel says that there is a backup from 3 a.m. this morning. However, when plugged into the computer, it says that this ipad has never been backed up to icloud.

Is there a way to get at that icloud backup and apply it to my ipad?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it is indeed an iCloud backup, you should be able to go to Settings - General - Reset, and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". Your device will be wiped of all settings and data, and you will be prompted with the language selection when complete. After that, you should be prompted with Wi-Fi access stuff and then be given the option to restore via iCloud or iTunes. Select to restore via iCloud.

Last edited:

learning2

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure?

Under the reset menu, I see "Reset all settings" and "Erase all content and settings" If I put "Reset all settings", I don't get back to the wiped state.

But, when I pick "Erase all settings" it warns me that this ipad will be deleted from my icloud account. If the ipad is erased from my icloud account, will I lose the backup?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure?

Under the reset menu, I see "Reset all settings" and "Erase all content and settings" If I put "Reset all settings", I don't get back to the wiped state.

But, when I pick "Erase all settings" it warns me that this ipad will be deleted from my icloud account. If the ipad is erased from my icloud account, will I lose the backup?

Sorry. It was an error on my part. It should read "Erase All Contents and Settings". Sorry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711