I can't get Twitter to shut up!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a pop up app on my PC bc I never end up going on Twitter but there's a lot of stuff I had been missing. I set up notifications in Twitter. (Are there any free ones that send notifications of all your followers?) I set a sound if I was away from it but it was the sound of my iPhones txt. I changed it. It still stays on the same sound! I don't see anywhere to save when changing sounds and I accidentally changed send email to fanfare it does work! I finally saw the motivations on my lock screen do I thought good enough, none. But it's still going off! I even went in app and changed sound to none and still there it went! It's driving me bonkers because I think I have a txt! (Yeah first world...) any advice?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I am lost with exactly what you're trying to do, so I'm going to take a guess based off of the title of the thread. If you're using the official Twitter app and do not want to be notified of tweets and things associated with the Twitter app, do the following:

1. Initiate the official Twitter app
2. Select the "Me" icon in the lower right corner.
3. Select the mechanical wheel icon in the middle left corner.
4. Select "Settings"
5. Select "Notifications"
6. Turn OFF everything and then go into each menu (Tweets, Mentions, Retweets, Favorites) and turn everything off.

Done

Now go to Settings-Notification and then select "Twitter" and then turn OFF "sounds".

You should not get any more Twitter notifications from the official Twitter app.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol sometimes my brain is ahead of my fingers and I'm incoherent! Thanks for taking the time Just D. I want notifications without the sound. I was trying to do it in Sounds. I needed to go to notifications, this isn't my first Apple device....smh

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol sometimes my brain is ahead of my fingers and I'm incoherent! Thanks for taking the time Just D. I want notifications without the sound. I was trying to do it in Sounds. I needed to go to notifications, this isn't my first Apple device....smh

You're very welcome, and I understand...:)

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using official bc I can't find one with push notifications I have to go in and set each person I follow! Anybody know a freebie where you can get notifications from all?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using official bc I can't find one with push notifications I have to go in and set each person I follow! Anybody know a freebie where you can get notifications from all?

I'm not aware of any setting, option add-on or 3rd-party app that will allow you to do that.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

juando_2000

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
This has been driving me nuts too and I didn't see a solution offered that worked but I did finally find this...

Even though I had sounds turned off in the twitter app and in IOS under Settings>Sounds>twitter it was still sounding off for every tweet.

I found the problem in IOS Settings>Notification Center. If you look at the list of apps that are under "Include" you will see the setting for each ie:Badges, Banners, Sounds, Alerts etc.

In Notification Center for twitter I noticed I had "sounds" enabled. Once I toggled that off all was peaceful again. It wasn't actually twitter that was causing the beeping, it was Notification Center causing the beeping. I think when you add a new app to Notification Center it defaults with sound on.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
This has been driving me nuts too and I didn't see a solution offered that worked but I did finally find this...

Even though I had sounds turned off in the twitter app and in IOS under Settings>Sounds>twitter it was still sounding off for every tweet.

I found the problem in IOS Settings>Notification Center. If you look at the list of apps that are under "Include" you will see the setting for each ie:Badges, Banners, Sounds, Alerts etc.

In Notification Center for twitter I noticed I had "sounds" enabled. Once I toggled that off all was peaceful again. It wasn't actually twitter that was causing the beeping, it was Notification Center causing the beeping. I think when you add a new app to Notification Center it defaults with sound on.

This^^^

PJGerman

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for the helpful advice! It was driving me crazy! I wanted the tweets pushed to my iPhone, but silently. This was exactly what I was looking to do. Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal