iPad mini VS iPad 3 (used) : whitch should i buy?

Mizo_s

May 28, 2013
Visit site
i live in Syria, no apple store, iPad prices are crazy...i have enough money to buy a new ipad mini, but i know someone who wants to sell his iPad 3 for the same price of the mini (about 350$), and his ipad seems in a good condition, and i have no problem with the bigger size..so do u think buying a new mini is better than a used ipad 3? plus, is it possible that the iPad 3 wont be getting iOS 7? sorry if i shloudnt be making a thread like this but its my first :) and i couldnt find where the rules of making new threads are :eek:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the iPad 3 and sold it for my Mini. While I do like the size of the Mini, I don't like the non retina display when I am viewing web content or reading. Sometimes I wish I would have kept my iPad 3. My advice is to go and look at the Mini and spend some time with it. Decide wether or not you can handle it not having a retina display. As far as the speed goes, both the 3 and the Mini are just about the same, IMHO.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would say ipad 3 is the way to go but that's just me my wife has a mini I got her and I have a 4 .. She loves hers but to me it's too small lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
As for iOS 7:

The Mini will be missing panorama and filters. The ipad 3 will not have Airdrop. iPad 4 should have everything we know about iOS 7 currently. And of course, we've no idea what the ipad 5 will have that the others won't.

Neither will have much life past iOS 7. For the same price? I'd get the ipad 3.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
As for iOS 7:

The Mini will be missing panorama and filters. The ipad 3 will not have Airdrop. iPad 4 should have everything we know about iOS 7 currently. And of course, we've no idea what the ipad 5 will have that the others won't.

Won't have much life past iOS 7?

It's not like they're going to stop working. They may not be included in iOS 8, but I know several people who still have the original iPad and are quite happy with it. It all depends upon whether you need the new features brought by a newer device or operating system.

And if iOS7 is going to work with the iPad 2, it seems a reasonable prediction that iOS8 will work with the iPad 3 and the iPad mini.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Buy the one that works better for you.

I prefer the mini because i like the smaller size (since i primarily use my iPad when traveling)...this could make little difference to you, but it's all that mattered to me.

bobthephoneguy

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Like most people, the iPad 3 is bigger and probably more useful for relaxing inside the house, and the iPad Mini is more portable and useful for relaxing on the go.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using iMore Forums mobile app

sendalonline

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Didn't know that the ipad 3 will not have Airdrop...

Even so, I'd chose the big iPad anytime over the Mini.

I love the mini, it is very nice, small, light and I was struggeling to find a reason to get one... but... for a device I have on me always, the iPhone is just perfect as the iPad mini wouldn't fit in my pockets - and it won't make phone calls... :) For an iPad, I think bigger is better. The screen real estate is just so much more valuable when drawing, connecting remotely to my desktop or watching movies and the retina display is simply so much nicer to look at.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I was just given a iPad 3 while I was waiting for the release of the next mini, which according to rumor will have retina. I love the size actually....I thought I'd like the smaller better but for watching vid its great! It fits right in my diaper bag bc it's such a thin profile. Hub got the miracle opportunity on it so where I thought the mini would be for good for me as a Mama with one hand, managing lol. Especially when this has 64G....

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
As for iOS 7:

Are you saying the 3 won't get iOS 7? And this is my first iPad....what am I missing without Airdrop? Of course this was a blessing with 64g to boot so I can probably get over it lol.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
As for iOS 7:

The Mini will be missing panorama and filters.

that sounds slightly misleading. just for clarity; the mini does feature filters. The only difference is that you won't be able to apply them in real time while shooting the photo but afterwards, which for me really comes down to the same. In fact I have not once picked a filter prior to taking the pic, I would always do the 'neutral' photo and then afterwards tinker with it.

As to the topic; i would go for the Mini any day. got an ipad3 in the family as well, and the Mini for me overcomes the 3 in almost all categories. It's portable as heck, it takes good photos and the screen is still beautiful by 'normal' standards ;-) . Also you won't be stuck with the obsolete connectors. :yes:

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
As for iOS 7:

The iPad Mini and iPad 4th generation are going to be getting the exact same feature set with iOS 7.

Mohit Hiralal

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
A great Steve Jobs said, "10 inch is a minimum size necessary for a tablet". I agree. Nowadays u get phones that are 6 inches screen size. Then why go for 7 inch tablet. Trust me if u want a real experience of a tablet u shld get iPad 3 not mini

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2