Dock/Cable problem, can someone give a newbie some advice?
I just purchased an iPad 3 4g model and a dock that is compatible with the iPad. The problem is that the connection is a bit hard to sit my iPad on and in trying to match up the dock and iPad, I have put two small scratches right around the 30-pin plug in on the bottom of my iPad and I'm not happy about it. Does Apple make a cable that goes onto the dock plug and runs to the bottom of the iPad? At this point I just want to plug them up to charge or listen to music WITHOUT actually sitting the iPad onto the dock.
- 03-28-2013, 07:43 PM #3
Re: Dock/Cable problem, can someone give a newbie some advice?
I'm not sure I understand your post. You bought an iPad and what you believe to be a compatible **** for it. Right? I have a dock for my iPad that I purchased from Apple and my iPad sits on the dock perfectly. As for the your question -- "Does Apple make a cable that goes from the dock plug and runs to the bottom of the iPad?" -- Yes, the cable that comes with a new iPad will do just that. Now having said that, you also stated -- "At this point, I just want to plug them up to charge or listen to music without actually sitting the iPad onto the dock" -- Can you not just lay the iPad flat on a surface next to you and charge it with the charging cable it comes with that is plugged either into a wall socket or a computer? If I've completely misunderstood your post, I apologize.
- 04-01-2013, 08:37 AM #4
- By dunivan in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 5Last Post: 06-09-2012, 10:45 AM
- By Alkemystical in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
- By Babygirlpoohbear in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
- By mdhannant in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2009, 10:29 PM
- By treodaily in forum iPhone 4Replies: 8Last Post: 07-07-2007, 10:52 AM