iPad 3 dodgy wifi

Batie74

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
My wifi constantly drops out on my iPad 3

I have deleted network settings then re-entered the details, I've also tried the renew lease option.
My iPhone works fine but this iPad has had a wifi issue with every iOS upgrade, it's that bad sometimes I come mighty close to smashing the thing to bits !!!!

Any advice before I launch it like a frisbee ?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Take it to a nearby Apple Store and have one of a genius look at it and if they find it faulty, have them switch it out.

NPBeck79

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My wifi constantly drops out on my iPad 3

I have deleted network settings then re-entered the details, I've also tried the renew lease option.
My iPhone works fine but this iPad has had a wifi issue with every iOS upgrade, it's that bad sometimes I come mighty close to smashing the thing to bits !!!!

Any advice before I launch it like a frisbee ?

Thanks

LoL. It will be a very expensive frisbee! I have the same problem with my iPad 3. I know the feeling... :-/

Batie74

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The thing is my Xbox, wii, sky hd satellite receiver, iPhone x2, 2x blackberry, MacBook, apple tv, windows laptop and nexus 7 all have NO issues with wifi dropping out

col_bris

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Then change the wifi channel. That may resolve the issues. If you cannot resolve the issue take the iPad to an Apple store for testing. I am still stating the modem router may need upgrading just like any other computer based device. We have proven this on other forums so just sharing it with you? One way to confirm it is to connect at.different location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

col_bris

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I am curious to know what brand modem router you have, age and version number. Then I may be able to assist. It does not matter what you have that connects as each device has different versions of wifi.
One also assumes you have upgraded the iPads to the latest iOS .
Just for the record, where I am employed we have 8!wifi net works several are for aircons others are for smart TV and 3 are for some 30 display computers plus iPads, iPhones, galaxy tablets, Asus tablets and others. The last 3 modems were upgraded and in 2 instances replaced to resolve drop out on some devices. All devices that connect now work fine including iPad 3, iPad 4 and minis. Acer tablets were dropping off wif without warning. That issue also was resolved. We also experience issues with the latest Playstation units before the modem was replaced even though several laptops had no issues. Just putting my 2 cents worth in....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The Ipad wifi radio seems weaker then my other devices. My phone, daughters kindle, and touchpad always show a stronger connection. When out and about my phone will pick up some sources that the ipad won't.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods