How to tell the difference between iPad models

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there a quick way to determine which gen an iPad is? I don't know if I could tell unless I was comparing them side by side. I was going to get an iPad mini but now I'm thinking I might get an iPad 3 on Craigslist instead. I don't want to pay for a 3 and then find out after the fact that its a 2 or 1! I tried searching the forums but I'm at work on my Nexus 7 and it won't load so any help would be appreciated. It looks like I may be going after work to see a 64 GB iPad 3. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Here you go:

iPad Wi-Fi (Original) A1219
iPad Wi-Fi/3G/GPS (Original) A1337
iPad 2 (Wi-Fi Only) A1395
iPad 2 (Wi-Fi/GSM/GPS) A1396
iPad 2 (Wi-Fi/CDMA/GPS) A1397
iPad 2 (Wi-Fi Only, iPad2,4) A1395
iPad 3rd Gen (Wi-Fi Only) A1416
iPad 3rd Gen (Wi-Fi/Cellular AT&T/GPS) A1430
iPad 3rd Gen (Wi-Fi/Cellular Verizon/GPS) A1403
iPad 4th Gen (Wi-Fi Only) A1458
iPad 4th Gen (Wi-Fi/AT&T/GPS) A1459
iPad 4th Gen (Wi-Fi/Verizon & Sprint/GPS) A1460

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a quick way to determine which gen an iPad is? I don't know if I could tell unless I was comparing them side by side. I was going to get an iPad mini but now I'm thinking I might get an iPad 3 on Craigslist instead. I don't want to pay for a 3 and then find out after the fact that its a 2 or 1! I tried searching the forums but I'm at work on my Nexus 7 and it won't load so any help would be appreciated. It looks like I may be going after work to see a 64 GB iPad 3. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Identifying iPad Models

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Mind if I ask how much it went for? I'm trying to sell mine, and the offers that I'm getting seem really low. I'd almost rather hold on to it for an awesome gift for a family member than sell it for such a low price.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I paid $490. When I checked eBay they were going for a hair over $500. I didn't try to haggle on the price since it was in line with what I saw on eBay. I also purchased the remainder of his SquareTrade warranty for $75 which covers accidental damage through March 24, 2015. It was a big chunk of change but if I would have gone with my original plan and bought the iPad mini, I would have gotten a 32 gb (429) plus tax (30) plus AppleCare or SquareTrade (100) so for a few dollars more I got 64 gb, faster processor, retina display and more screen real estate. It was also in pristine condition and still had the original box, etc.

Good luck!

(I agree you should keep it or give it to a family member rather than practically giving it away to some stranger on CL).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine is a 64GB LTE model with more than a year left of AppleCare+. Practically mint condition, and you can still swap it out twice for $49. Original box with accessories. Craigslist people only seem to want to go as high as $400 or offer to trade me for some android tablet.

Of course, I have plenty of Nigerian folks who are willing to pay much more than I'm asking, but I'm trying to stay local!

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine is a 64GB LTE model with more than a year left of AppleCare+. Practically mint condition, and you can still swap it out twice for $49. Original box with accessories. Craigslist people only seem to want to go as high as $400 or offer to trade me for some android tablet.

Of course, I have plenty of Nigerian folks who are willing to pay much more than I'm asking, but I'm trying to stay local!

Where Are you located? I've been posting and posting for a trade on Craigslist but all I get are low ball offers. I'm hoping to sell/trade my pristine condition ipad 3 for a mini. It's a 64 gb

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox