iPad 3 Crashing

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 3rd Generation 16GB with cellular (GSM) and the device continuously crashes, across a wide range of apps.

The device has only 500MB of storage free, though I realise that this shouldn't cause the device to crash as it doesn't affect the RAM.

I have tried re-booting the device (holding sleep & home buttons) but this doesn't solve the issue.

Should I reset/erase and restore my device from an iCloud backup, or should I back it up to my Macbook and restore it from iTunes?

NPBeck79

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I think that restoring via iTunes is better, but crashing, as you point out, shouldn't be happening in such frequency... Uhm.. Do the restore and see what's going on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 3rd Generation 16GB with cellular (GSM) and the device continuously crashes, across a wide range of apps.

The device has only 500MB of storage free, though I realise that this shouldn't cause the device to crash as it doesn't affect the RAM.

I have tried re-booting the device (holding sleep & home buttons) but this doesn't solve the issue.

Should I reset/erase and restore my device from an iCloud backup, or should I back it up to my Macbook and restore it from iTunes?

I agree with NPBeck79 in regard to restoring your device as new, however, beforehand, I would suggest that you delete any unnecessary items, whether music, video, photos or apps, to where you have at least a gigabyte of available space just to see if the crashing stops. Lastly, with the exception of music, if the bulk of your storage contains photos & videos, I highly suggest you open an online storage account like SkyDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etcetera and upload them. You can always download the associated app and view the photos via it and download the ones you need at that time. Anyway, I hope I was helpful. Take care and enjoy your day...:)

kevinocarro

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I think that restoring via iTunes is better
1a3.jpg

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think that restoring via iTunes is betterhttp://www.dvxs.info/1a3.jpg

I disagree if there is something screwed up in the configuration restoring from a screwed backup won't accomplish much. In some cases you just have to start over like a new device. Now if the question is which way to restore is quicker iTines or iCloud, the iTunes wins... But it is the same thing so how can it be better?

DAB, sent with Tapatalk HD
iPhone 5 32GB White / iPad Mini 32GB White

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2