- iPhone Newbie
- 11 Posts
Future iOS updates with "the new iPad"
Hi, I apologise I this is covered but I cannot find the answer. All I want to know is...
Will the iPad 3(new iPad) still receive future iOS updates?
Again, apologies if this has been covered. I'm not a frequent forum user
- 10-26-2012, 07:11 AM #2
- 10-26-2012, 02:52 PM #4
Re: Future iOS updates with "the new iPad"
You concern is very valid, iPad 1 got the shaft, and given we are already on iPad 4 and likely iPad 5 in the spring, we will be 2 generations old but the hardware should still be able to support the full bill, yet the question is WILL they give us the full bill.
Just like Apple touts the super high % of iOS 6 adoption, what they failed to note is the fragmentation and disparity between iP3, iP3GS, iP4, iP4S and what didn't get certain features. Call what you want that is fragmentation in the iOS world. To me I should be able to buy an iPhone and get 3 years out of it especially given the current iP5 processor and memory configuration, but I have little doubt as they move to quad-core processors in the iP6 or iP7 we will get left behind big time.2014 15" MacBook Pro, SuperDrive, AirPort Extreme, iPhone 4S (Verizon for Work) & iPhone 6 Plus 128GB (AT&T), iPad Air 2 128GB Space Gray (AT&T)
- 10-26-2012, 03:16 PM #5
Re: Future iOS updates with "the new iPad"Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
- 10-26-2012, 05:14 PM #6Formerly forever29 & Heisenberg
iPhone 6 Plus
iPad Air 2 & iPad Mini Retina
- 10-26-2012, 07:30 PM #7
- 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM #8
- 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM #9
- By StephenBB81 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 3Last Post: 06-18-2012, 08:34 AM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum iPad 3Replies: 36Last Post: 05-10-2012, 10:07 AM
- By @ArcadeLion in forum iPad 3Replies: 16Last Post: 03-29-2012, 08:35 AM
- By IamJAd in forum iPad 3Replies: 3Last Post: 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM
- By sheen in forum iPad 2Replies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2012, 07:30 AM