Future iOS updates with "the new iPad"

sammyh85

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I apologise I this is covered but I cannot find the answer. All I want to know is...

Will the iPad 3(new iPad) still receive future iOS updates?

Again, apologies if this has been covered. I'm not a frequent forum user

Thanks

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It definitely will. There's a small chance it might be missing a "big feature" like Siri wasn't available for update, only on the next generation of phones, but it will be update compatible for sure.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You concern is very valid, iPad 1 got the shaft, and given we are already on iPad 4 and likely iPad 5 in the spring, we will be 2 generations old but the hardware should still be able to support the full bill, yet the question is WILL they give us the full bill.

Just like Apple touts the super high % of iOS 6 adoption, what they failed to note is the fragmentation and disparity between iP3, iP3GS, iP4, iP4S and what didn't get certain features. Call what you want that is fragmentation in the iOS world. To me I should be able to buy an iPhone and get 3 years out of it especially given the current iP5 processor and memory configuration, but I have little doubt as they move to quad-core processors in the iP6 or iP7 we will get left behind big time.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You concern is very valid, iPad 1 got the shaft, and given we are already on iPad 4 and likely iPad 5 in the spring, we will be 2 generations old but the hardware should still be able to support the full bill, yet the question is WILL they give us the full bill.

Just like Apple touts the super high % of iOS 6 adoption, what they failed to note is the fragmentation and disparity between iP3, iP3GS, iP4, iP4S and what didn't get certain features. Call what you want that is fragmentation in the iOS world. To me I should be able to buy an iPhone and get 3 years out of it especially given the current iP5 processor and memory configuration, but I have little doubt as they move to quad-core processors in the iP6 or iP7 we will get left behind big time.

The tech industry sees the evolution of products faster than any other... do you really expect a 3+ year old cellphone (even one from Apple :) ) to offer all of the same features as a current model? Memory, capacity, screen technology have all evolved, gotten better and cheaper over that 3 year period... and it will continue. Not much you can do about it, though. It's a fact of life, and the cost of playing in the game.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The tech industry sees the evolution of products faster than any other... do you really expect a 3+ year old cellphone (even one from Apple :) ) to offer all of the same features as a current model? Memory, capacity, screen technology have all evolved, gotten better and cheaper over that 3 year period... and it will continue. Not much you can do about it, though. It's a fact of life, and the cost of playing in the game.

This can't be stressed enough. Just the world we're living in. It's a caffeinated society.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's a caffeinated society.

Absolutely!

coffee18yq.jpg

Ih8reno

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Ipad mini which was just released has an a5 processor which is almost identical to the a5x in the ipad 3rd gen except for more graphic cores. I'm positive it'll be supported for quite a long while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative