Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Very upset ipad 4

Call me a cry baby if you want but to come out with a fourth gen iPad now is a slap in the face to ipad 3 owners. I'll never buy another ipad. This is Android-esq.
    openthepodbaydoors likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm surprised that the line up goes iPad mini, iPad 2, then 4th gen? I thought they would discontinue the iPad 2

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    32GB iPhone 5 black
    32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    16GB iPhone 4 black retired/backup
    16GB iPad 3rd gen WiFi
    16GB OG iPad WiFi sold
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

I feel kind of "screwed" but its technology. Honestly, I'm sitting here thinking that it may not be something to get worried about. Lightning port? Not a big deal for me. Twice the power? My iPad is fast enough as it is already. I don't play all of those fancy 3D games on my iPad.

In fact, my next big purchase to compliment my iphone and iPad would be a MacBook.

Sit back and enjoy what you have right now because when you are ready to upgrade you will have the latest and greatest, again.
    Thanked by:
    madseason01 (10-30-2012)
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,570 Global Posts

Default Re: Very upset ipad 4

With the resolution of the ipad mini being the same, there's no reason to discontinue the ipad 2.

- - - Updated - - -

With the resolution of the ipad mini being the same, there's no reason to discontinue the ipad 2.

Global Posts
    11,537 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
    Call me a cry baby if you want but to come out with a fourth gen iPad now is a slap in the face to ipad 3 owners. I'll never buy another ipad. This is Android-esq.
    OK... you're a crybaby. Never buy another Apple product. That'll show 'em. Go get yourself an Android phone. And a tablet. And then go whine about the forums of Android Central.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    iOS Version

They discontinuing the 3rd gen iPad? Talk about a short shelve life.
    32GB iPhone 5 black
    32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    16GB iPhone 4 black retired/backup
    16GB iPad 3rd gen WiFi
    16GB OG iPad WiFi sold
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Wow just got my iPad 3rd gen a few over the summer on well no stress
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

I love my 3. It was a good purchase and still is and I'm not quite sure why people are so wound up about an improved version. I don't upgrade every year, maybe I'm the weirdo? (In fact, I still love my iPhone 4.) The only time I get frustrated is when a major iOS feature isn't available on my current device, but Apple's been pretty good about that.

- - - Updated - - -

I love my 3. It was a good purchase and still is and I'm not quite sure why people are so wound up about an improved version. I don't upgrade every year, maybe I'm the weirdo? (In fact, I still love my iPhone 4.) The only time I get frustrated is when a major iOS feature isn't available on my current device, but Apple's been pretty good about that.
    "Fall down seven. Stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb
    Thanked by:
    txbjp371 (10-25-2012)
    robertpetry and txbjp371 like this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Time keeps on movin' movin' movin' ... into the future ~Steve Miller Band

Maybe a bit disappointing, but tell me why the iPad (3 gen) that you were happy with when you woke up this morning is now suddenly not acceptable? The fact that Apple announced a new iPad should have NO BEARING on the usability and/or satisfaction with the device that you already own.

Don't get caught up in that game... you will never win. It's like I tell my wife, no matter how fast you drive, there will ALWAYS be someone in front of you... same thing applies here.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Thanked by:
    DaPhoneking (10-24-2012), iphonefizzle (10-23-2012), kch50428 (10-23-2012), nikkisharif (10-23-2012)

Global Posts
    11,537 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Hot94Z28 View Post
    They discontinuing the 3rd gen iPad? Talk about a short shelve life.
    Good God, NO. They've released a 4th generation iPad. the 3rd will still be available... the 2nd gen is still available....
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Good God, NO. They've released a 4th generation iPad. the 3rd will still be available... the 2nd gen is still available....
    Actually, I think they are.

The difference between the 2nd gen and 3rd/4th gen is screen resolution

Global Posts
    11,537 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The 3rd gen will be available until stock is exhausted at least...
    Fausty82 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Hasn't the iPad 3 been around for a little while. I just started getting into Apple products more (more than just an iPhone) this Summer but I believe they refreshed it in March and called it the New iPad. It wasn't a new generation. I kind of thought the writing was on the wall then. Now... it's the iPad 4. Really not a big deal unless you want the latest and greatest available. The iPad 3 is amazing as it is. It works fine! It's just the next generation is better! Kind of like buying a Corvette now and then GM will be introducing the new model the beginning of next year. Things change. Get what is good for you!

I'm glad that I returned my iPad 3 on Friday (had 2 days left). I had a feeling there was going to be a change and this is much more than I expected. But for me, I like having the latest and greatest. And after hearing the specs, I told myself that it's something that I'll have for awhile.

I guess Craigslist and eBay will have a lot of used iPads listed in 3, 2, 1...

- - - Updated - - -

Hasn't the iPad 3 been around for a little while. I just started getting into Apple products more (more than just an iPhone) this Summer but I believe they refreshed it in March and called it the New iPad. It wasn't a new generation. I kind of thought the writing was on the wall then. Now... it's the iPad 4. Really not a big deal unless you want the latest and greatest available. The iPad 3 is amazing as it is. It works fine! It's just the next generation is better! Kind of like buying a Corvette now and then GM will be introducing the new model the beginning of next year. Things change. Get what is good for you!

I'm glad that I returned my iPad 3 on Friday (had 2 days left). I had a feeling there was going to be a change and this is much more than I expected. But for me, I like having the latest and greatest. And after hearing the specs, I told myself that it's something that I'll have for awhile.

iPhone 5 (32GB), iPad 4 (32GB), Apple TV, 2.3 GHz i7 Mac Mini - 16 MB RAM!

Apple... it's not just a brand... it's a lifestyle!

Global Posts
    3,508 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

The 3rd gen is discontinued. They wouldn't keep it if the 4th has better specs and keep it at the same price point.

- - - Updated - - -

The 3rd gen is discontinued. They wouldn't keep it if the 4th has better specs and keep it at the same price point.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by iMassguy View Post

Since March, 2012.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 10-24-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,627 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It's like they are updating the iPads like the computers now. - twice a year (if i'm correct)

I purchased an iPad3/new iPad on release date... I assume an iPad5 will be out in March/April and I'll get that. Only real difference is lightening. my iPad isn't slow in the least, so I'm not worried about speed.

A bit upset that a new one is out so quickly, and my version considered a 'stop gap,' but it's still better than the iPad2, has retina display and the same iOS features.
    [BOX] [/BOX]iPhone5: white, 32GB, Verizon; iPad Air: black, 64GB, LTE Verizon - iOS8

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My iPad 2 is still getting the job done and I have no intentions of replacing it any time soon unless it goes kaput on me.
    Rjgjr#IM likes this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    It's like they are updating the iPads like the computers now. - twice a year (if i'm correct)

I purchased an iPad3/new iPad on release date... I assume an iPad5 will be out in March/April and I'll get that. Only real difference is lightening. my iPad isn't slow in the least, so I'm not worried about speed.

A bit upset that a new one is out so quickly, and my version considered a 'stop gap,' but it's still better than the iPad2, has retina display and the same iOS features.
    Again, why the hand wringing? The 3rd gen is a perfectly acceptable device... still works exactly as well as it did this morning at 9:59 am PDT... the existence of a new device doesn't make the 3rd gen any less usable.
    kch50428 likes this.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm still good with my iPad 2. I would consider upgrading if I had the 1st generation. I can't justify owning 2.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still good with my iPad 2. I would consider upgrading if I had the 1st generation. I can't justify owning 2.
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"

Global Posts
    3,508 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

If they bumped up the specs and didn't call it the 4th gen, I don't think it would get the same negative reaction
    that I expect it to get in the coming days.

I'm cool with my iPad 3. A6X would be cool though. But, my iPad 3 works just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

If they bumped up the specs and didn't call it the 4th gen, I don't think it would get the same negative reaction
    that I expect it to get in the coming days.

I'm cool with my iPad 3. A6X would be cool though. But, my iPad 3 works just fine.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,627 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Again, why the hand wringing? The 3rd gen is a perfectly acceptable device... still works exactly as well as it did this morning at 9:59 am PDT... the existence of a new device doesn't make the 3rd gen any less usable.
    True, but, and I will admit that I feel a bit of this myself, just the fact that there is something bigger and better is out so quickly after something you recently bought. Everyone wants the latest and greatest. I know that my device is acceptable and better than most tablets on the market. It's just human nature, people want the biggest, best and fastest they can get...
    [BOX] [/BOX]iPhone5: white, 32GB, Verizon; iPad Air: black, 64GB, LTE Verizon - iOS8
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,185 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Not gonna lie I am kinda upset that Apple did this, but at the same time I love my iPad 3 and it works flawlessly so why bother getting a new one? Plus add the fact that its jailbroken and I am perfectly content

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna lie I am kinda upset that Apple did this, but at the same time I love my iPad 3 and it works flawlessly so why bother getting a new one? Plus add the fact that its jailbroken and I am perfectly content
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So I am even more unsure about my decision right now, but you would hope they would discount the iPad 3 now correct? I don't think $50 off is enough either, I think $100. I hope thats the case as I will get that. I dont need lighting and 2X faster isnt worth that much more imo.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,570 Global Posts

I think it makes good sense. This type of refresh would've been met with yawns in March. I'm glad I sold my ipad 3 a few months back to wait for a verizon one this fall. I'll definitely buy a Mini for the kiddo though.

I've always felt the ipad 3 was struggling a bit to push those pixels. The upgraded processor should definitely make a difference. But I'm still not sure I want another one yet since I didn't miss not having one that much.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I just got my ipad 3 last week. It doesn't bother me that a new one came out. It does everything I need it to do. I was already impressed with the speed, battery life, display and LTE on verizon. I'll upgrade when I feel this one no longer suits my needs. By then there will be a newer one.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got my ipad 3 last week. It doesn't bother me that a new one came out. It does everything I need it to do. I was already impressed with the speed, battery life, display and LTE on verizon. I'll upgrade when I feel this one no longer suits my needs. By then there will be a newer one.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast