Very upset ipad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got my ipad 3 last week. It doesn't bother me that a new one came out. It does everything I need it to do. I was already impressed with the speed, battery life, display and LTE on verizon. I'll upgrade when I feel this one no longer suits my needs. By then there will be a newer one.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got my ipad 3 last week. It doesn't bother me that a new one came out. It does everything I need it to do. I was already impressed with the speed, battery life, display and LTE on verizon. I'll upgrade when I feel this one no longer suits my needs. By then there will be a newer one.

Why don't you use your 14 day window and exchange it for the new one? Some Apple Stores are even doing 30 days if you bought one recently.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow, people are cry babys. Go buy a new car that your strapped to as far as a payment goes for 60 months and after 12 months or less, they will put out a better version. Like someone said earlier on release day, you woke up and the 3rd gen was fine, and then after the announcement its hardly usable LOL. Really? And they didnt really discontinue the 3gen, I promise without looking at the lightning connector, you couldnt tell the difference. Its the same dang iPad with a few upgrades. Makes sense to me what apple has done in regards to the 4th gen ipad since every apple product will eventually have the lightning connector. Start phasing it in now. I dont think they expect those of us with the 3rd gen to go out and buy a 4th gen, but probably would like all future buyers and upgrades to go in this direction.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I don't like the timing of the ipad 4 release. Feels like my tech has been outdated without any kind of warning.... iHope this isn't a half yearly pattern.....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the timing of the ipad 4 release. Feels like my tech has been outdated without any kind of warning.... iHope this isn't a half yearly pattern.....

What has Apple promised you that they didn't deliver? If it still runs the same apps, runs as fast and as well as it did on Monday, how is it now, suddenly "outdated"?

And the "without any kind of warning" is simply not true. First, Apple has refreshed it's iPhone and iPad line AT LEAST annually... so tell me what difference 5 months makes? Second, there were rumors of an iPad (non-mini) refresh coming along side the iPad Mini release... Heck, android releases new hardware almost weekly... and many of the devices are still running IceCream Sandwich - the older operating system... it's the evolutionary nature of tech.

Sorry you're so disappointed... but the tablet that you have and were using happily on Monday is still the same, functioning and functional tablet that you were quite happy with then.

I honestly don't get all the carping.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I seem to sense that the real issue here is that those who have iPad 3rd gen are upset because they have "lost money" in the resale market. What that tells me is that they aren't buying the device (any device) for the purpose of having and using said device, but rather purchase their tech as "investments".

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
What has Apple promised you that they didn't deliver? If it still runs the same apps, runs as fast and as well as it did on Monday, how is it now, suddenly "outdated"?

And the "without any kind of warning" is simply not true. First, Apple has refreshed it's iPhone and iPad line AT LEAST annually... so tell me what difference 5 months makes? Second, there were rumors of an iPad (non-mini) refresh coming along side the iPad Mini release... Heck, android releases new hardware almost weekly... and many of the devices are still running IceCream Sandwich - the older operating system... it's the evolutionary nature of tech.

Sorry you're so disappointed... but the tablet that you have and were using happily on Monday is still the same, functioning and functional tablet that you were quite happy with then.

I honestly don't get all the carping.

Thx for apologizing for me...
However nothing is Wrong with my iPad 3, or my iPhone 4S. It's just a Apple way of life, that I have that I upgrade every year. This kind of changes things a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No it's not about investment value. it's about having an incapacitated under powered device. Real technology versus status or value

Was the iPad-3rd generation incapacitated and under powered on Monday? But since the announcement of the 4th-gen iPad it suddenly is?

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I seem to sense that the real issue here is that those who have iPad 3rd gen are upset because they have "lost money" in the resale market. What that tells me is that they aren't buying the device (any device) for the purpose of having and using said device, but rather purchase their tech as "investments".

Kind of. I guess usually one has the feeling that you're not really losing any money. I have found that over the last few years, that the iPad seems to be the one that depreciates the most. So I guess this is just something to be expected now that I think about it.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Was the iPad-3rd generation incapacitated and under powered on Monday? But since the announcement of the 4th-gen iPad it suddenly is?

I don't think anybody is saying that the iPad 3 is underpowered. At least that's not what I'm saying. But by them announcing the fourth GEN iPad it does make your iPad 3 depreciate just a little bit faster and it seems like that's what it is more about.

openthepodbaydoors

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No your presumptions are wrong. The A5x is fine for the iPad 2 but can't handle the demands of the Retina display on the iPad3 . It's not about the latest and greatest, it's about having a properly functioning device.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No your presumptions are wrong. The A5x is fine for the iPad 2 but can't handle the demands of the Retina display on the iPad3 . It's not about the latest and greatest, it's about having a properly functioning device.

My iPad3 functions just fine. Does everything I need it to do. Doesn't get "too hot"... I think the one with the wrong presumptions here is not me at all.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site

What do mean? iPad 2 don't function properly?!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No it's not about investment value. it's about having an incapacitated under powered device. Real technology versus status or value

Then please help me understand what is incapacitated and under powered about the device that was perfectly capable on Tuesday morning and has not changed since Tuesday morning? It still uses the same connections to your existing devices (the 4gen doesn't, BTW), it runs the same software, displays the same video, etc, etc, etc... Either it works or it doesn't. Tuesday's announcement did NOT change that fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a simple point of clarification... the iPad 2 has an A5 chip, NOT an A5X... the A5X was designed for and introduced in the 3rd gen iPad. The A5X was a bump in processor speed and included quad-core GPU for the retina display. #sourgrapes

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think anybody is saying that the iPad 3 is underpowered. At least that's not what I'm saying. But by them announcing the fourth GEN iPad it does make your iPad 3 depreciate just a little bit faster and it seems like that's what it is more about.

So for you, it's about an investment and resale value?

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of. I guess usually one has the feeling that you're not really losing any money. I have found that over the last few years, that the iPad seems to be the one that depreciates the most. So I guess this is just something to be expected now that I think about it.

Not sure that it "depreciates the most" as much as it's not a level playing field to begin with. When compared to the iPhone, you are paying somewhere around 1/3 to 1/2 of the retail (unsubsidized) price for the device. Of course you'll come out farther ahead in that situation.

BTW, I don't buy my devices with any thought at all to potential for resale value... in fact, I've only sold 1 or 2 devices ever. They get handed down to kids, grandkids, etc. I buy what I want, use it... and if/when someone needs/wants a device, I will buy the newest and pass the old one down.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Then please help me understand what is incapacitated and under powered about the device that was perfectly capable on Tuesday morning and has not changed since Tuesday morning? It still uses the same connections to your existing devices (the 4gen doesn't, BTW), it runs the same software, displays the same video, etc, etc, etc... Either it works or it doesn't. Tuesday's announcement did NOT change that fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a simple point of clarification... the iPad 2 has an A5 chip, NOT an A5X... the A5X was designed for and introduced in the 3rd gen iPad. The A5X was a bump in processor speed and included quad-core GPU for the retina display. #sourgrapes

- - - Updated - - -

So for you, it's about an investment and resale value?

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure that it "depreciates the most" as much as it's not a level playing field to begin with. When compared to the iPhone, you are paying somewhere around 1/3 to 1/2 of the retail (unsubsidized) price for the device. Of course you'll come out farther ahead in that situation.

BTW, I don't buy my devices with any thought at all to potential for resale value... in fact, I've only sold 1 or 2 devices ever. They get handed down to kids, grandkids, etc. I buy what I want, use it... and if/when someone needs/wants a device, I will buy the newest and pass the old one down.

About the money.. A little. About the tech... A little. It's a little bit of everything. But that doesn't make my device slower or less useful to me. Just sayin...

Good for you for only selling 1/2 devices ever

Status
Not open for further replies.