Very upset ipad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
They HAD to update it. They could not afford to sell 20 million tablets from now until march that were using a deprecated connector.

I dont think so, this took everyone by surprise, not even blogs or tech sites saw it coming, they were all expecting just an iPad 3 with a new connector, not a whole new 4th generation iPad.
The same " deprecated connector" everyone has now and that will still be around for a while ( lots of ipad2, iphone 4, iphone 4s and ipad 3 still out there ).

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Realistically, the 2 is not long for this world. The pricing pressure from the mini and 3 will kill it. Apple may very well be selling through current stock and that'll be it.

I figured they way they always support devices they would of kept the 3? I'm not saying they won't still support the 3 but unlike the 2 you won't be able to buy it after a while. I thought instead of keeping the 2 sell the iPad 3 cheaper. I thought today would of been more about the mini and save the 4th gen till march.

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I believe the only person to blame is the customers. Remember in March when people complained about the sluggish performance of the A5X on a retina display? Apple actually listened and released a upgraded SOC to handle retina display. Now those customers are complaining (not saying it was anyone in this thread but other people). This is a great reason why Apple shouldn't really listen to customer complaints. There may be a new iPad in March but a bigger upgrade, possibly A7X (iPads always lead with the graphically superior device iPad 1 A4>iPhone 4 A4>iPad 2 A5>iPhone 4S A5>iPad 3 A5X>iPhone 5 A6>iPad 3.5{really 4} A6X>iPad 4 A7X {really 5}) The A6X is really something that fixes the frame drops due to Retina display like Safari or games like Wild Bloods much like the iPhone 4S was to the iPhone 4.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I dont think so, this took everyone by surprise, not even blogs or tech sites saw it coming, they were all expecting just an iPad 3 with a new connector, not a whole new 4th generation iPad.
The same " deprecated connector" everyone has now and that will still be around for a while ( lots of ipad2, iphone 4, iphone 4s and ipad 3 still out there ).

This didn't take anyone by surprise. There have been consistent indications since August that the ipad would get an update too.

And it isn't a whole new iPad. It has a new connector and processor and that's it. There is literally no reason for anyone with an iPad 3 to upgrade to a 4.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
This didn't take anyone by surprise. There have been consistent indications since August that the ipad would get an update too.

And it isn't a whole new iPad. It has a new connector and processor and that's it. There is literally no reason for anyone with an iPad 3 to upgrade to a 4.

It actually did, and apparently is more than the connector and the processor, it is a new generation iPad, nowhere during the last month I heard Apple was releasing a new generation iPad ahead of it's regular cycle.
it was reported a new " ipad 3 " with lighting connector would be released and that's not the same thing that happened today.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It actually did, and apparently is more than the connector and the processor, it is a new generation iPad, nowhere during the last month I heard Apple was releasing a new generation iPad ahead of it's regular cycle..

It didn't. Not sure where you've been, but a refreshed 3 has been on the radar since before the iPhone 5 was even announced.

And no, it is not a 'new generation iPad'. Literally everything about it is the same minus the processor, Ffc, and connector.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And no, it is not a 'new generation iPad'. Literally everything about it is the same minus the processor, Ffc, and connector.
We're not making up the fact that Apple is calling what was announced today the 4th generation iPad. They are. You can not seriously be denying that.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It didn't. Not sure where you've been, but a refreshed 3 has been on the radar since before the iPhone 5 was even announced.

It actually is a 4th generation iPad... ( as in iPad, iPad 2, the New iPad and 4th gen iPad )..
This is a very decent upgrade that would've been perfectly fine for a March - April release.
I would appreciate any links about this rumors other than the ones talking about the connector?? I read five or six different tech sites on a daily basis but i probably missed it, rumors about a new processor and the new features of the iPad as well , thanks

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I still Luv my iPad 1st Gen.... it works fine....Does what it said it would. To the Cry Babies" Get over it" you care more about saying you have latest ipad rather than the tech.....A Connector and Processor is the difference....What's the big deal...

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I still Luv my iPad 1st Gen.... it works fine....Does what it said it would. To the Cry Babies" Get over it" you care more about saying you have latest ipad rather than the tech.....A Connector and Processor is the difference....What's the big deal...

My point is, it's about value for your money. When you're paying $500+ for a product, They should stick to a yearly refresh. Some people purchase Apple products for the resale value as well. It allows you to upgrade yearly at a fraction of the cost. Now that they have done this, the value of the 3 will be much lower. If they wanna change to a fall update rather than spring, then they should have hinted to that and dropped the price. To me, It's a big FU to their customers. Again, this is my opinion only. I doesn't matter in the grand scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

With Android, at least you know going in that the next one could be released tomorrow. Also Android costs less and will resell for less but you know that upfront. Apple used to have a higher standard.

- - - Updated - - -

So now we all know how Android owners feel :p

And that's not a good thing. That's my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.