Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Like Tree108Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #226  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Default Re: Very upset ipad 4

I know what you're saying. I just felt that by dumping an item that fast they screwed me. I may go back to Apple down the road. I swore off of Android a couple of years ago. I'm one of those that you mentioned. I consider resale value when making a purchase. Apple just IMO, took money from my wallet by doing this. The high resale value is what allows me to update yearly. I do believe the 3 wasn't ready. Hindsight is always 20/20, but the lightning connector is the giveaway. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

Default Very upset ipad 4

Took money from your wallet? Dude u bought that it was a conscious decision. And yes this is technology it's always advancing. How about Motorola Razr owners who bought one then a month later they released the razr maxx with a lot more battery. Not hating on you but it is what it is and to take it THIS personally is a little crazy, to literally sell your iPhone 5 and iPad 3 is screwing yourself over IMO and I bet that u will regret it down the line. Or maybe this was bound to happen with you eventually regardless of if apple came out with the iPad 4 this soon or not. Your iPad 3 was working fine and u just hyped yourself up enough to sell it. The iPad 4 is just a refresh nothing major , it was already ultra fast and now it's faster, but probably not too much to really matter. Good luck I hope u eventually realize what u want out of technology

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,475 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
    I was unhappy with my $500 item being discontinued so soon. Like I said, Steve Jobs is gone and it's starting to show.
    I will express my discontent with actions as well as crying.
    I sold my iPhone 5 and iPad 3. I replaced them with a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus tablet. I'm done with Apple.

Ha uhm, in case you haven't noticed, it's worse on the android side. That galaxy s3 is already surpassed by the LG Optimus G, and your nexus tablet is one-upped by the nexus 10.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,475 Global Posts

I know what you're saying. I just felt that by dumping an item that fast they screwed me. I may go back to Apple down the road. I swore off of Android a couple of years ago. I'm one of those that you mentioned. I consider resale value when making a purchase. Apple just IMO, took money from my wallet by doing this. The high resale value is what allows me to update yearly. I do believe the 3 wasn't ready. Hindsight is always 20/20, but the lightning connector is the giveaway. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

The lightning connector is the giveaway that it wasn't ready for the iPad 3, not that the iPad 3 wasn't ready for market. It also proves that apple wanted lightning on its highest volume products first, then filtering to the iPads.
    iPhone Nanite

The Optimus G doesn't surpass the S3. It's from a different company and while it may have a better processor, it's not a better phone. The S3 is still better in most respects.

And the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 are in completely different categories, just like the iPad and iPad mini. One doesn't one-up the other just because it's newer. The Nexus 7 is still the best small Android tablet.
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,261 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I was unhappy with my $500 item being discontinued so soon. Like I said, Steve Jobs is gone and it's starting to show.
    I will express my discontent with actions as well as crying.
    I sold my iPhone 5 and iPad 3. I replaced them with a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus tablet. I'm done with Apple.

Ironically - Android devices tend to get discontinued and superseded more quickly than Apple products lol
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #232  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

But I know that going in.

Global Posts
    11,679 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Still here? Why???
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Intermediate

Just Leave..... This is iMore.... Be gone
    iPhone Intermediate

Why are people still acknowledging this stuff... He's Trolling
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #236  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Because I'm a member. Do I need your permission? I like to read.

12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #237  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

You're a troll. Stop obsessing and ignore the post if you're not interested.

Global Posts
    11,679 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You're a troll. Stop obsessing and ignore the post if you're not interested.
    Is there a reason for you to be here if you're going to do nothing but rag on Apple & its products? Read all you want... but if all you're going to do is carp about stuff when you post, there's not a lot of sense in that... smh. And I'll take you up on the ignore thing - my forum ignore list just went +1.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,475 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtg465x View Post
    The Optimus G doesn't surpass the S3. It's from a different company and while it may have a better processor, it's not a better phone. The S3 is still better in most respects.

And the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 are in completely different categories, just like the iPad and iPad mini. One doesn't one-up the other just because it's newer. The Nexus 7 is still the best small Android tablet.
    That's not what we're talking about. The s3 is now outclassed and no longer king of the android hill. It doesn't matter that the Optimus comes from lg, because they're all android. (You shouldn't even bother trying to argue this with me, because I've lived through Androids ridiculous cycle. )
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    That's not what we're talking about. The s3 is now outclassed and no longer king of the android hill. It doesn't matter that the Optimus comes from lg, because they're all android. (You shouldn't even bother trying to argue this with me, because I've lived through Androids ridiculous cycle. )
    * Yawn *

Let’s talk about iOS devices, shall we?
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Dang, I was set on the mini, but the iPad 4 is looking very good, indeed. Decisions, decisions...
    - iPhone 5S; Space Grey, 16GB
    - iPhone 5; Black & Slate, 16GB
    - iPad mini; White & Silver, 16GB
    - iPod Nano; Black & Slate, 16GB
    - iPod touch 4G; 8GB
    - MacBook Pro; 13" (custom, early 2012)

"You'll always be two steps behind me."
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,475 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exxod View Post
    Dang, I was set on the mini, but the iPad 4 is looking very good, indeed. Decisions, decisions...
    I have to see the mini in person before I decide.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

Dude this is how technology works. You're being a huge crybaby about it. When you buy any electronic, you should expect it to be "new" for 6 months. Anything after that, you're now using something that's "old" news.

Stop buying electronics -- especially Apple made products -- if you don't like it!
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,261 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    * Yawn *

Lets talk about iOS devices, shall we?
    +1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    I have to see the mini in person before I decide.
    I liked the concept of a smaller iPad but thought I would wait for retina being I have an iPad 3. And then I held a mini. And I checked out the screen and it is still very nice(retina screen is perfect). And then I bought one.

Moral of the story, if you hold one, chances are you buy one. They are that nice.
    iPhone Newbie

To be honest, it's all just numbers. My old man still uses an iPad 2, and my Mum an iPad 1, I've never seen either of them squinting trying to read the 1024x768 screen. Similarly most games are optimised to work on iPad 2 still, and with the iPad mini out, they will continue to be. You might lose one or two special effects that the iPad 4 shows but generally Apple's stuff is very optimised and it lasts. They're just revising their products to keep up to date like they always have done with iPods. I knew iPad 3 was a stopgap system when I saw they removed the number from the name, the iPad 2 was only 6 months after the first also.

They may bring new stuff out quickly but they ensure that your purchase will last you a long time. It's better to move away from the "latest and greatest" school of thought as tech has always moved this fast. This one may have a faster CPU but it was mainly an upgrade to get the lightning connector into the thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

And another thread has run its course.
    Thanked by:
    kch50428 (11-05-2012)
    kch50428 likes this.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910