Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Will you be getting a iPad Mini?

I have an iPad 3, i cant convince myself if the mini is true, do I really need one...........
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm considering an iPad mini...I don't currently have an iPad though. It will depend in price...I find the current iPad to be too big for regular use.
    [FONT=Garamond]iPhone 4 32GB Black, 2012 MBP 13" i5/FONT]
    iMore Newbie

You have a better iPad already, save the $$$
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,335 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Will you be getting a iPad Mini?

i'm debating the same thing... not because i think the mini is 'better' than the 3... but i'm thinking I'd maybe use it more (since it's smaller, I'd bring it with me more often)... but I'm not sure
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    i'm debating the same thing... not because i think the mini is 'better' than the 3... but i'm thinking I'd maybe use it more (since it's smaller, I'd bring it with me more often)... but I'm not sure
    The iphone is the one i always have with me. The Mini would be a step down IMO. Slower, worse looking screen, etc. Perhaps a good thing for a person without any desire to have a smartphone or a kid. Or perhaps as a Kindle substitute if you aren't used to the better screens out there.

The ipad with retina was eye candy. That's why you get one. The 9.7" screen made it different enough from an iphone. I'm not sure I buy the "tablet" class apps arguments raised on the front page. I consider ALL of them mobile apps. Lots of times I prefer the ones on iphone to ipad counterparts.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Newest

NO WAY
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    iOS Version

At first I didn't think I would due yo lack of retina but after the keynote I decided to get one. It's so light and perfect for on the go. I usually leave my iPad home cuz it's big and heavy--doesn't fit in my purse. I definitely prefer iPad apps to iPhone apps so this will be awesome! Come on Friday!
    iMore Newbie

I have a first Generation Ipad so I will be getting a Mini. If I don't like it I'll return it for a fourth generation.
    iMore Beginner

Anyone else made the jump from the 3 to a mini? I just purchased a 64 gb iPad 3 from Craigslist for 450! But I tried the mini today at my local Apple store and its just so tempting. Smaller, A LOT more portable.
    Thinking I could sell this and make a bit of profit.
    iMore Newbie

I have both. The mini is great but no replacement for the ergonomic design of the bigger IPad. I think Steve Jobs really did get it right on the size of the original IPad. It's easier to create content on the bigger IPad - I am finding it difficult to find a decent typing position on the mini. However, I will find the mini great for reading on the train (the lack of retina is no big deal as the mini screen is good enough).
    iMore Newbie

Nope, my ipad 3 is just great for work and personal use.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

I went to the apple store today and saw it for the first time. I love how the black one looks and can't wait to get one. It'll be perfect for my 3 year old son.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Got mine today and LOVE IT!!! I have the 3 but I could see myself using this more.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have both the mini and the iPad 4 and I will use the next week or so to decide which one I will keep. There are advantages/disadvantages to both.
    iPhone 6 - iPad Air - MacBook Pro 13" - ATV3

+ Romans 8:28 +
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,335 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Got a mini and despite the lower res screen I'm really loving the mini's form factor I don't miss the iPad 3 I sold last week on eBay.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Fubaracing7374 View Post
    I went to the apple store today and saw it for the first time. I love how the black one looks and can't wait to get one. It'll be perfect for my 3 year old son.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Wow! Luck boy!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,032 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm going to hang on to my 3. If anything, I figure the next gen will be worth a look. Guessing the mini will likely have a retina display at that point, and the 5 will have the new design aesthetic and hopefully 2 speakers.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    I'm going to hang on to my 3. If anything, I figure the next gen will be worth a look. Guessing the mini will likely have a retina display at that point, and the 5 will have the new design aesthetic and hopefully 2 speakers.
    I think 2013 will be all about the overhaul of the IOS.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,542 Global Posts

Nope. It's like buying a Nintendo when you already have a Super Nintendo lol
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the one or two iPad minis for my wife and I and if one should be on Verizon or just get both with WiFi. Either way I am selling my iPad 3 I got in July and strongly considering that route. For the price point of the mini vs the iPod Touch (retina or not) my wife is looking at the iPad mini and for her its not something she would upgrade often so waiting for a newer model isn't as critical for her.
    2014 15" MacBook Pro, SuperDrive, AirPort Extreme, iPhone 4S (Verizon for Work) & Pre-Ordred iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Gold (AT&T), Waiting on iPad Air 2 to be announced.
    iPhone Nanite

I have an iPad 3 and I think the iPad Mini is just not my thing right now. I will wait for iPad Mini 2 next year. I heard they will have Retina display and better configuration.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

I just got the iPad 4. I wanted Retina and a fast processor. I also have a Playbook, so I figured I have a smaller format already for mobility. To me the mini is really a question of where you are going to use it. On the bus, train etc, it would be much better. The other big difference is the weight. The mini is much lighter. I was actually surprised how heavy the iPad 4 is, however I will only use it from home, so not an issue. Plus I'm a speed freak so need the A6 processor.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I have been on the fence. I have an iPad 1, which still works pretty good. I'm mostly concerned with the 512 mb RAM. This morning though, I thought of a perfect use for me, in the bathroom!

I will be checking them out next week.

Sent from my iPad 1 via TapaTalk HD
    iMore Newbie

I sold my iPad 3 (for 85% of what I paid for it which isn't bad at all) and bought the iPad mini. Zero regrets. No retina display but the form factor is so much more portable. Once or twice I've wished that the screen were bigger (for video), but that feeling didn't last long.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by grassyblue View Post
    I sold my iPad 3 (for 85% of what I paid for it which isn't bad at all) and bought the iPad mini. Zero regrets. No retina display but the form factor is so much more portable. Once or twice I've wished that the screen were bigger (for video), but that feeling didn't last long.
    Nice. Good for you. I'm curious where did you sell it. And what size was it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast