1. Sarlic's Avatar
    Hi everyone:

    I've made the decision to purchase an iPad 3. I have an iPhone 5 and am going to try carrying around my iPad in place of my much heavier, non-LTE equipped laptop.

    I'm gnashing my teeth wanting to walk down the street to the Apple Store and buy this thing, but I'm reading rumors about an iPad 3 refresh with a possible A6 chip, more efficient display, lightning dock, etc....

    Thoughts? Is it worth waiting, or do you think we're a log while away from seeing any of this come to fruition?

    I like the idea of the Lightning dock the most, since I'm phasing out the 30 Pin connectors since I have the 5 now -- and I'm loathe to pay Apple $30 a pop for the ridiculous converter. Sigh.

    Thanks all!
    10-18-2012 02:19 PM
  2. ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
    Wait for the refresh
    10-18-2012 02:38 PM
  3. dj2big's Avatar
    I just sold my 2008 MacBook today and I was thinking of picking up an iPad but I am going to wait for the refresh with the new lightning
    10-18-2012 03:35 PM
  4. Sarlic's Avatar
    I'm curious how much of the rumors will actually come true, and, more importantly, if they are releasing refreshes, when are they going to be available.

    Presumably there's a new aluminum cover coming, and by this time (a week before the event) there's generally leaks of images and mock-ups available, neither of which I've seen for a refreshed iPad.

    Hoping it's not too long away!

    ---------- Post Merged at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:03 PM ----------

    I'm curious how much of the rumors will actually come true, and, more importantly, if they are releasing refreshes, when are they going to be available.

    Presumably there's a new aluminum cover coming, and by this time (a week before the event) there's generally leaks of images and mock-ups available, neither of which I've seen for a refreshed iPad.

    Hoping it's not too long away!
    10-18-2012 04:03 PM
  5. iMassguy's Avatar
    I've read a lot that says the full side iPad will at least get the updated connector. I had until tomorrow to return my iPad so I did that last night. I rather have the newest version, same connector as the phone and hoping they give it a few other upgrades. We'll see on Tuesday!
    10-20-2012 09:29 AM
  6. iEd's Avatar
    Definitely wait for the refresh.
    10-20-2012 09:52 PM
  7. khobia2's Avatar
    Wait and see what Oct. 23 brings. Most blogs say there will be no price change so that's a bonus. I myself am waiting to see what the so-called iPad mini will bring. That brings another point if screen size is not a big deal for you you have the "Mini" coming out.
    10-20-2012 10:05 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Should i wait? For ipad 3
    By felface in forum iPad 3
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 02:46 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 12:40 AM
  3. should i wait for the iphone 5?
    By Jalwa in forum iPhone 4S
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 09:36 AM
  4. Should I wait or should I Buy?
    By rc.lifestyle in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 03:33 AM
  5. Should I wait or go for it??!!
    By rats13 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD