Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default Buying iPad 3 - Should I Wait for Refresh?

Hi everyone:

I've made the decision to purchase an iPad 3. I have an iPhone 5 and am going to try carrying around my iPad in place of my much heavier, non-LTE equipped laptop.

I'm gnashing my teeth wanting to walk down the street to the Apple Store and buy this thing, but I'm reading rumors about an iPad 3 refresh with a possible A6 chip, more efficient display, lightning dock, etc....

Thoughts? Is it worth waiting, or do you think we're a log while away from seeing any of this come to fruition?

I like the idea of the Lightning dock the most, since I'm phasing out the 30 Pin connectors since I have the 5 now -- and I'm loathe to pay Apple $30 a pop for the ridiculous converter. Sigh.

Thanks all!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Default Re: Buying iPad 3 - Should I Wait for Refresh?

Wait for the refresh
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

I just sold my 2008 MacBook today and I was thinking of picking up an iPad but I am going to wait for the refresh with the new lightning
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I'm curious how much of the rumors will actually come true, and, more importantly, if they are releasing refreshes, when are they going to be available.

Presumably there's a new aluminum cover coming, and by this time (a week before the event) there's generally leaks of images and mock-ups available, neither of which I've seen for a refreshed iPad.

Hoping it's not too long away!

---------- Post Merged at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I'm curious how much of the rumors will actually come true, and, more importantly, if they are releasing refreshes, when are they going to be available.

Presumably there's a new aluminum cover coming, and by this time (a week before the event) there's generally leaks of images and mock-ups available, neither of which I've seen for a refreshed iPad.

Hoping it's not too long away!
    iMore Intermediate

I've read a lot that says the full side iPad will at least get the updated connector. I had until tomorrow to return my iPad so I did that last night. I rather have the newest version, same connector as the phone and hoping they give it a few other upgrades. We'll see on Tuesday!
    iPhone 5 (32GB), iPad 4 (32GB), Apple TV, 2.3 GHz i7 Mac Mini - 16 MB RAM!

Apple... it's not just a brand... it's a lifestyle!
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Definitely wait for the refresh.
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"
    iMore Newbie

Wait and see what Oct. 23 brings. Most blogs say there will be no price change so that's a bonus. I myself am waiting to see what the so-called iPad mini will bring. That brings another point if screen size is not a big deal for you you have the "Mini" coming out.