Buying iPad 3 - Should I Wait for Refresh?

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone:

I've made the decision to purchase an iPad 3. I have an iPhone 5 and am going to try carrying around my iPad in place of my much heavier, non-LTE equipped laptop.

I'm gnashing my teeth wanting to walk down the street to the Apple Store and buy this thing, but I'm reading rumors about an iPad 3 refresh with a possible A6 chip, more efficient display, lightning dock, etc....

Thoughts? Is it worth waiting, or do you think we're a log while away from seeing any of this come to fruition?

I like the idea of the Lightning dock the most, since I'm phasing out the 30 Pin connectors since I have the 5 now -- and I'm loathe to pay Apple $30 a pop for the ridiculous converter. Sigh.

Thanks all!

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my 2008 MacBook today and I was thinking of picking up an iPad but I am going to wait for the refresh with the new lightning

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious how much of the rumors will actually come true, and, more importantly, if they are releasing refreshes, when are they going to be available.

Presumably there's a new aluminum cover coming, and by this time (a week before the event) there's generally leaks of images and mock-ups available, neither of which I've seen for a refreshed iPad.

Hoping it's not too long away!

---------- Post Merged at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I'm curious how much of the rumors will actually come true, and, more importantly, if they are releasing refreshes, when are they going to be available.

Presumably there's a new aluminum cover coming, and by this time (a week before the event) there's generally leaks of images and mock-ups available, neither of which I've seen for a refreshed iPad.

Hoping it's not too long away!

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I've read a lot that says the full side iPad will at least get the updated connector. I had until tomorrow to return my iPad so I did that last night. I rather have the newest version, same connector as the phone and hoping they give it a few other upgrades. We'll see on Tuesday!

khobia2

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Wait and see what Oct. 23 brings. Most blogs say there will be no price change so that's a bonus. I myself am waiting to see what the so-called iPad mini will bring. That brings another point if screen size is not a big deal for you you have the "Mini" coming out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77