iPad 4 aspect ratio?

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Now that the iPhone 5's screen is taller, with an aspect ratio of 16:9, do you think that the iPad 4's screen will get taller? Maybe with the same aspect ratio to be able to play widescreen movies? That would make sense to me because I game and watch a lot more video on my iPad than I do my iPhone.

If there's going to be an iPad mini, I don't think the screen would get taller because it's supposed to be just a smaller version of the iPad 2. But I think that a taller screen might be a major "feature" of the larger iPad 4 in February or March.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

robbob88

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I really hope not. I actually don't mind the 4:3 ratio on my iPad. I think it makes it more comfortable to hold over a 16:9 tablet. My Verizon retailer that I work at has a Samsung 10.1 tab that our customers use to login to their My Verizon accounts and us employees also use it when we're bored and after using it a few times, I do not find holding it to be all that comfortable.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Apple only changed the iphone in a response to competition and needing a bigger screen.

The ipad doesn't pose this problem and doesn't need to change.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe theyd keep the body size the same. If there's any credibility to the rumor that thy might get rid of the home button, maybe it's to put a wider screen on the same sized tablet & get rid of the bezel on the left & right in landscape orientation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2