Moving pics from DSLR to iPad...

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have one of those Camera Connection Kits which I got so I can transfer pics from my Nikon D5100. I'm assuming that it takes more than just plugging one into the other. Th device gives me the option of either plugging in the camera via USB or using the SD card. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make this work and what if any complications would I have doing this? Thanks...

Excellerator

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If you use the USB portion of the Camera Connection Kit, you need to make sure that your camera is set to "Mass Storage Device" mode so it sees it as a disc drive. From there, it will automatically pop up on the iPad screen and you can select and download the images you wish. The SD card reader portion works exactly the same way. Unfortunately, images have to be in JPG format for the iPad to see them. Hope this helps.

suvlady

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have one of those Camera Connection Kits which I got so I can transfer pics from my Nikon D5100. I'm assuming that it takes more than just plugging one into the other. Th device gives me the option of either plugging in the camera via USB or using the SD card. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make this work and what if any complications would I have doing this? Thanks...

I was just curious how you like your Nikon D5100? I have a D60 and was thinking of upgrading. Do you think it is worth it? I love my D60, but Best Buy has a good deal on the D5100 this week. Your opinion would be appreciated.

I also have an iPad3. I use Dropbox to store my favorite pictures and only download the ones I want to the iPad to conserve on space.

Thanks!

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I really like the D5100. It's 16 megapixels. The D3200 recently came out and is 24mp, but isn't as well featured as the D5100. The camera is very versatile and takes great pics. I got the package with the 55-300 zoom.... nice lens.
As for the pics, currently I'm downloading them onto my PC into Picassa and am viewing them through the Web Albums app on the phone and pad. I was just looking for a more direct way to do it so can transfer pics when on the road as it were.

suvlady

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I really like the D5100. It's 16 megapixels. The D3200 recently came out and is 24mp, but isn't as well featured as the D5100. The camera is very versatile and takes great pics. I got the package with the 55-300 zoom.... nice lens.
As for the pics, currently I'm downloading them onto my PC into Picassa and am viewing them through the Web Albums app on the phone and pad. I was just looking for a more direct way to do it so can transfer pics when on the road as it were.

Thanks for the camera input. My husband and I love Dropbox. We can both download to the same place and only bring down the ones we want to our iPads. We just got 2 new puppies that are 6 months old now, so you can imagine the pictures flying around.

Thanks!

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
D5100 is a pretty nice camera. I picked one up this summer and have been quite pleased with it. The camera connection kit works well, I just plug the USB one into the camera and like previously stated, photos show up in your albums and you select which ones to transfer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods