Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Question i can`t update my ipad 3 to ios 6, alwayas update failed an error accured

i tried to update my ipad to ios 6 through wifi ... but it stops the downloading with a message that the update is failed ,an error accured.. there is no error code and i can`t sycn the ipad with the latest version of itunes on my Pc windows vista to update my ipad through pc.. no "devise" word appears on the left pane of itunes. please help me
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,875 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: i can`t update my ipad 3 to ios 6, alwayas update failed an error accured

How much free space do you have on your iPad?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

Default Re: i can`t update my ipad 3 to ios 6, alwayas update failed an error accured

I had a similiar issue the first time I tried to up-date. The second time, I made sure the wifi signal was strong and had everyone else in the house get off wifi. The up-date went through fine. Also it takes a while. At times, you might think that nothing is happening. I finally just laid the iPad aside and let it do its thing.

Global Posts
    19,427 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mohzai View Post
    i tried to update my ipad to ios 6 through wifi ... but it stops the downloading with a message that the update is failed ,an error accured.. there is no error code and i can`t sycn the ipad with the latest version of itunes on my Pc windows vista to update my ipad through pc.. no "devise" word appears on the left pane of itunes. please help me
    Is there a short in the USB cable or something? Make sure the cable is fully seated on the device and your computer and try again.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry Guy from CB View Post
    How much free space do you have on your iPad?
    my ipad 64G and i have much space

---------- Post Merged at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Is there a short in the USB cable or something? Make sure the cable is fully seated on the device and your computer and try again.
    nothing wrong with the cable because the pc detect the ipad as potable device but the itunes didn`t
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default i can`t update my ipad 3 to ios 6, alwayas update failed an error accured

Same problem for me using wi-fi, with iPad connected to Windows laptop and iTunes. Upgrade process starts, but after 10 or 20 megs are downloaded, FAIL. Also, will not update any apps. iTunes works fine for music and podcast downloads, though.

Global Posts
    19,427 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default i can`t update my ipad 3 to ios 6, alwayas update failed an error accured

Are you all using the latest version of iTunes?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,422 Global Posts

Turn off iPad , turn on and go straight to download update. That's what I did at work. A dozen of us downloaded it at the same time and we use a few silly slow T1s.

If you still have issues head to the apple store.
    iPhone Nanite

If Ur iPad is jail broken it won't work updating...
    first you must restore ur ipad by using using itunes on Ur PC..
    I recomen u to first back up Ur iPad with iCloud or in Pc..
    Then try updating from iTunes or straight from iPad setting which says Update software .... Hope it helps