Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Alli
  • 1 Post By boweveljoe
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Default No Passbook for iPad on IOS6??

I just finished loading IOS6 on my ipad and I dont see Passbook anywhere. Also i dont think we have voice turn by turn directions.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,656 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I saw the same thing.

I'm loving the new Clock... but I'm upset about no Passbook and also no YouTube. (and the YouTube app on app store is for iPhone/iPod only as of now...)

Global Posts
    12,133 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Matador7474 View Post
    I just finished loading IOS6 on my ipad and I dont see Passbook anywhere. Also i dont think we have voice turn by turn directions.
    Where did you get the impression that Passbook would be an iPad feature?

Apple - iOS 6 - iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch get 200+ new features. -- the copy on that page only says "With Passbook, you can scan your iPhone or iPod touch to check in for a flight, get into a movie, and redeem a coupon." No mention of iPad.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

If someone in front of me at Starbucks pulled out an iPad to pay, I'd laugh so hard his screen would crack.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Matador7474 View Post
    The footnote on Apple's website has changed. Before it simply said Turn by Turn was available on iPad 2 and later. Now it says the following...

"Turn-by-turn navigation is available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPad 2 or later with cellular data capability. Flyover is available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 or later, and iPod touch (5th generation). Cellular data charges may apply."

So my iPad 3 using a MiFi (or other hotspot) + a bluetooth GPS receiver (like the one I have by Dual) does not get Turn by Turn. Ah well, I like Navigon better anyway, lol.

Luckally, they did NOT remove the ability to use external bluetooth GPS receivers from non-Cellular iPads.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Where did you get the impression that Passbook would be an iPad feature?

Apple - iOS 6 - iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch get 200+ new features. -- the copy on that page only says "With Passbook, you can scan your iPhone or iPod touch to check in for a flight, get into a movie, and redeem a coupon." No mention of iPad.
    ummmm......why wouldnt it be? It's simply an application.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    1,340 Global Posts

GPS on the iPad would be better than on the iPhone. Haven't played with it yet.
    iEd
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    If someone in front of me at Starbucks pulled out an iPad to pay, I'd laugh so hard his screen would crack.
    Not cool at all whipping out a iPad to scan a boarding pass:o
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,903 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

iPad didn't get a few things, there's no Panorama either. I guess for people who have an iPad but no iPhone it might seem weird. I'm not sure why some of the features wouldn't be on the iPad. I understand Passbook would be useless but Panorama? Turn by Turn?
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Intermediate

Try checking-in for a flight with a 9.7 inch iPad !
    Banned

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Re: No Passbook for iPad on IOS6??

Those apps/features aren't on there because that's not what an iPad is primarily designed for. It's not a 'mobile' device like an iPhone is, which just goes in your pocket & can be taken out & conveniently scanned in a couple of seconds. ............. & as above, if I saw someone scanning an iPad in Starbucks or at an airport gate, I'd probably laugh until I reduced the person to tears.
    iPhone Newbie

you will see your entire Passbook cards from the iphone app using passbook on iOS 6. Yet when you delete it, there is absolutely no solution to observe cards you could have utilised and at what time. There is absolutely no log information into Passbook that you can discover passes you have used
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The Gate employee might hit the deck if you whip out something that large.
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

I see absolutely no use for Passbook on an iPad... If I'm in line at Sephora and someone whips out their iPad, I'm LOL'ING or as others said trying to board a plane quickly and have to wait for someone to pull out an iPad? Umm no..
    Live, Laugh, Love and then there's...Apple!
    "It Just Works!"
    iPhone 5 32GB | iMac | MacBook Pro | iPad WiFi 32GB | Apple TV 2 | AirPort Extreme
    iPhone Intermediate

Default No Passbook for iPad on IOS6??

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    True dat

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk