iPad Safari bookmark edit fail/bug?

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to edit my bookmark (or favorites) list in Safari, by dragging a bookmark to the top of the list, it just reverts right back to where it started.

Not the biggest deal in the world, but i'd like to straighten this out.

Any advice

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to edit my bookmark (or favorites) list in Safari, by dragging a bookmark to the top of the list, it just reverts right back to where it started.

Not the biggest deal in the world, but i'd like to straighten this out.

Any advice

Mine works as it is suppose to. Just to be clear, after you initiated the Safari browser on your iPad, tap on the bookmark icon and then select the "Edit" option. Afterwards, red & white icons appear in front of each bookmark and the 3 gray line icon appear to the right of each bookmark. Tap on the 3 gray lines icon, move the bookmark to the desired location and then select "Done". The bookmark should remain.

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine works as it is suppose to. Just to be clear, after you initiated the Safari browser on your iPad, tap on the bookmark icon and then select the "Edit" option. Afterwards, red & white icons appear in front of each bookmark and the 3 gray line icon appear to the right of each bookmark. Tap on the 3 gray lines icon, move the bookmark to the desired location and then select "Done". The bookmark should remain.

That's exactly what i've done, and once i click "Done" the bookmark I moved to the top goes back to its original location near the bottom of the list.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly what i've done, and once i click "Done" the bookmark I moved to the top goes back to its original location near the bottom of the list.

I don't know what else to tell you, my friend. I tried to replicate the problem, but I cannot. As I mentioned earlier, my bookmarks remain in place after I move them. You can try clearing history, cookies & data and then rebooting your device and see if that might help even though I don't see a correlation, but weirder things have happened. ;)

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I cleared history, cookies, etc. and it worked, but then i found my moved bookmark back at the bottom of the list a few days later. Very weird indeed....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711