which model ipad is the best one?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPad are all *approximately* the same weight and size. It's up to you to decide how much storage space you need (16, 32 or 64 gigabytes). I would also recommend that you go to a nearby tech store like Best Buy and handle the iPad to get a feel for it.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The New iPad for sure, and you have to get something more than 32 gigs cause I guarantee you would want to load it with more than a few movies on it.

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You can get by with 16gb, but I'd def. recommend 32GB or more.

In regards to thickness/weight I'd say that the difference is so small it's neglible. Try it out for yourself and see if those extra 100 grams make a difference for you.

BUT here is the really hard question: A 32 gb iPad2 or a 16gb ipad3?!? I'm not sure, lol, some days I'd def go for the first one, some days the other...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The New iPad for sure, and you have to get something more than 32 gigs cause I guarantee you would want to load it with more than a few movies on it.

Sorry, but I disagree that the OP would need anything more than 32GB or 16GB depending on their needs. Not everyone who owns an iPad loads movies on to it, I know I don't. I went with a 64GB iPad 3 and trill have 53GB out of the 57GB that I started with..... What size to get depends largely on how a person uses their iPad and how much they're going to put on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I disagree that the OP would need anything more than 32GB or 16GB depending on their needs. Everyone that owns an iPad loads movies on to it, I know I don't. I went with a 64GB iPad 3 and trill have 53GB out of the 57GB that I started with..... What size to get depends largely on how a person uses their iPad and how much they're going to put on it.

I'm with you, Rose. I don't load movies or even music onto my iPad at all and I have tons of space left and I have the 16 GB model. With the exception of several games for my youngest son to play with, my iPad is mostly as personal as my iPhone. In other words, it's not constantly in my possession. ;)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'll have to admit the space on my ipad was used for kid stuff a lot. If you don't have that to worry about?

Of course you can load it up with movies but will you truly need them on there to watch? There's some apps on my ipad I opened like once and never used again. Same with movies that were never watched but was "nice" to have on there.

I'd start with the lowest one. Try it out. You have time to return it if you feel it's not enough space. Look at apps that can stream. Use apps like dropbox.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I do often on my iPad is watch Netflix so there is no need for me to load any movies on it. Any DVDs I get, I watch on my home theatre system. I also watch a lot of sports on my iPad via the WatchESPN app, especially college football because oftentimes I am able to watch the U when their game is not being televised in my region. So you see, I can enjoy watching videos without the need to purchase a 32 or 64 GB device. :)

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it took me about a week to fill up my 16gb, lol, but I'd still say start out with 16 if you're not sure.

Why? Its an iPad! Keeps the value so well, that if you run out of space after a month or two, you can sell it for pretty much the same you spent on it (minus sales tax and 20-30$) and get a bigger one.

That's the way I would do it, if I wasn't sure what my needs are...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Since the iPad 3 and developers making apps take advantage of the retina display, 32GB is a must. I bought a 16B and quickly returned it since my apps/movies/music ate up almost the entire 16GB. 32 is is a nice middle ground.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
iPad 3 is my favorite device of all time, including my iPhones. This is a heck of a fun tablet. I opted for the 32GB, and I'm glad I did.