10" or 7" iPad. What would you rather have?

10" or 7". What do you prefer?

• 10" Go big or go home.

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • 7" I just want compact.

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
For the iPad, to me size matters. The new iPad is my most used device and I love the big screen. I will not even consider the 7" iPad. I think it's great if Apple does release it as some just want or smaller iPad. We all have our size preferences.

So what size would you rather have?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the current size of the iPad, however, I plan on getting the smaller version for my youngest son not long after it is released.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't want a change. I can see a 7-inch being good for my needs. Reading maybe but prefer my Kindle.

Sent from my iPad (New) using Tapatalk HD

Rcshaw777

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Prefer mini iPad for portability; can fit into my bag easily. Right size for reading; easy to hold but iPad will need to place either on lap or desk to read comfortably.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There's really 4 choices. 4" retina, 7", 10", and 10" retina. If I had to choose one, it's the 4" tablet. It's the most portable, right size for reading, browsing, watching video, or airplay, and fits in my pocket. It even does more with phone apps built in.

If for the kiddo? The cheap 7". I couldn't see spending close to 829 on one of these again.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
There's a place for both in my life. I prefer my iPad for browsing, reading magazines, email, and using certain work related apps. 10" offers a more relaxed experience and a certain ease of use (touchpoints are way easier to hit). I use my PlayBook for when I'm traveling (I'm typing this from a hotel room as we speak), reading ebooks and gaming. It also has extra functionality via BlackBerry Bridge with my 9900 that I don't get with my iPad.

I can definitely see a market for a 7" iPad. Its small enough to be a functional tablet yet large enough so that you don't feel like you're using a large iPod touch. It's all about the tradeoffs between size vs portability.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There's a place for both in my life. I prefer my iPad for browsing, reading magazines, email, and using certain work related apps. 10" offers a more relaxed experience and a certain ease of use (touchpoints are way easier to hit). I use my PlayBook for when I'm traveling (I'm typing this from a hotel room as we speak), reading ebooks and gaming. It also has extra functionality via BlackBerry Bridge with my 9900 that I don't get with my iPad.

I can definitely see a market for a 7" iPad. Its small enough to be a functional tablet yet large enough so that you don't feel like you're using a large iPod touch. It's all about the tradeoffs between size vs portability.

Well-stated, sir. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPad)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The 7.85" version I am sure will be nice but you will have to make sacrifices in terms of size and even use. Will they make 16GB-64GB versions or will it be kept at 16GB to or less to avoid cutting into the 9.7" iPad buyers?

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Since one of the things I primarily use my iPad for is comics, I think the larger one is perfect. I don't really care for guided view so I need full page and its already hard enough to read some panels. I think the smaller one is going to have a HUGE audience, though. ESPECIALLY if the pricing is as competative as the rumors have been. I am really looking forward to seeing the smaller one in action!

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I love my iPad and feel the larger form factor is the perfect size to really get the most from my media.

I also find it quite portable. If I have a meeting or other engagement and want to travel light I will often leave the MacBook at home and just take the iPad. I use an STM scout 2 carry bag in combat green. It's the perfect size for iPad charger, loose change and car keys.

http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/laptop-bags/scout2-for-ipad-shoulder-bag/

I must admit I'm struggling to see how a 7 inch fits in really. Too big to be a phone too small for the full laptop-esque experience. I have iPhone for on the go. iPad for home, planes, holidays, travel light business meetings etc. I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

I think it could be good for kids. My son is 3 and addicted to my iPad. It is just that bit too big and heavy for his small hands its also good if you can't afford an iPad. I assume the smaller screen size would make it cheaper than the current iPad offerings thus making it available to a wider audience.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

eric6052

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the current size for my needs. I have a Nook Color that's 7 inches so I've had some experience in that area. It's a great size for reading books and okay for web browsing. Since I do have that I won't even be considering the iPad mini. If I want a small tablet on the gomI can bring the Nook Color or my phone with a 4.7 inch screen works in a pinch as well. If the price is right I would consider getting thenipad Mini for my kids when they're old enough instead of an iPod Touch.

GameHood

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I have never owned a tablet but always wanted to get the iPad. The 7" iPad is the perfect tablet for me. I use my iPhone for a lot of media and would like something bigger but not too big like the current iPad. I also like holding my devices with one hand and a 7" tablet for me seems the right size because it's not small, but it's not big either. Hope the rumours about it is true!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've always loved the size of the iPad(s). It's a nice size, and comfy to carry tucked in the crook of my arm like a book when it's not in my purse. But of course I wouldn't mind also having the 7-inch mini *just because* it would fit in my purse so much easier and yeah, it's lighter too. It would be nice to be able to leave the house with a smaller bag once in a while since the iPad and iPhone go everywhere with me! ;)

appliancemedic

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I would like the 7 . Because I carry mine out in the field with me everyday . The small size would be nice but I don't think the small iPad will have 4 or 3G in it. So it will not work for me.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I definitely like the larger size iPad. I feel like the larger size makes it a little more versatile. I use my iPad for work often. With the bluetooth keyboard and larger screen, I can turn my iPad into an awesome netbook. It also makes for a good ereader and playing games and watching videos is definitely better on the larger screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox