open box ipad 3 (new other)

Oldazruz

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
ok so i just ordered an ipad 3 off ebay and its listed as new other.
there calling it an open box new item as it had been returned by a customer
to a big retail market either because owner had change of heart or because they found a better
price else where.

what id like to know is if anyone else has purchased an open box ipad and
if they had any problems with it.
because now i hear that most these ipads are yellow tint screen ones and ones that have been returned
because of backlight bleeding. the description says its been check by technician but has never been refurbished.

im new to these forums and would appreciate any help, thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, but I would wait until it arrives, take it out of the box and then turn it on to see if there appears to be a problem with it. It's a tad late to be concerned with your fears being that you've already purchased the item. If there is a yellow tint, it doesn't mean the display is defective. When I initially purchased my iPhone 4S, it had a yellow tint and it was obvious when compared to my daughter's iPhone 4. I went to the Apple Store at the Mall at Millennia in Orlando to exchange it and found that every IPhone 4S the genius showed me had the same yellow tint or worse upon turning it on so I decided to keep the one I had. Within a week or so, the tint wasn't as noticeable and many attribute it to drying of an adhesive of some sort. Maybe it will be the same with your new iPad? Then again, maybe you won't have a yellowish tint at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73