Is anyone having any issues with LTE on their iPad with either Verizon or AT&T? Any problems with weak LTE areas with the 3G and LTE hand off?
    08-01-2012 07:43 AM
    No issues with my AT&T iPad 3 in my area. No dropped connections or anything like that.
    08-01-2012 10:59 AM
    Everything good with LTE on my Verizon iPad
    08-01-2012 12:13 PM
    Location, location, location. It varies. Verizon LTE works excellent in Los Angeles and surrounding areas.
    But AT&T LTE still doesn't have full coverage in L.A. So it depends where you are.
    08-01-2012 01:12 PM
    Location, location, location. It varies. Verizon LTE works excellent in Los Angeles and surrounding areas.
    But AT&T LTE still doesn't have full coverage in L.A. So it depends where you are.
    Couldn't agree more with this. Verizon's LTE is not great in my area which is why I went with the AT&T model.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    08-01-2012 02:32 PM
    And LTE speeds vary tremendously even in major areas that were supposedly built out long ago (i.e. Verizon LTE in New York City).
    08-01-2012 02:46 PM
    LTE is amazing in North Alabama. I can pull in 25 Mbps easily on 4G around here.
    08-01-2012 03:04 PM
    AT&T coverage is excellent in my area. Speed is good
    08-02-2012 06:49 AM
    Unfortunately, I must report a few problems with Verizon LTE. Often the internet connection is dead even though the radio connection is good (4 bars, displaying the LTE symbol). This seems to happen when I don't use any cellular data for several days.

Turning cellular data settings on/off sometimes kicks it back to life, but sometimes a restart of the iPad is required.

That said, once LTE & internet does connect, it's very fast. Faster than my DSL at home. Tethering has worked well too.
    08-02-2012 10:52 AM
    ATT LTE has always worked fine for me.
    08-02-2012 01:54 PM
    We were in Pipestone, MN recently and I was surprised to have LTE service with Verizon there. I was glad because we had trouble connecting to the campground wifi. The LTE service was excellent.
    08-10-2012 12:23 PM
    Unfortunately, I must report a few problems with Verizon LTE. Often the internet connection is dead even though the radio connection is good (4 bars, displaying the LTE symbol). This seems to happen when I don't use any cellular data for several days.

Turning cellular data settings on/off sometimes kicks it back to life, but sometimes a restart of the iPad is required.

That said, once LTE & internet does connect, it's very fast. Faster than my DSL at home. Tethering has worked well too.
    I've noticed this happening too. There are quite a few threads at the Apple support forums about it.
    08-10-2012 12:55 PM
    LTE Verizon coverage has been great so far here in Charlotte, NC. During the next two weeks, I will get to try it out all over the place as well as in LI/NYC! Will be posting updates hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    08-11-2012 11:50 PM
    I am having constant issues with LTE on my 3 month old iPad 3 LTE on Verizon. Odd how my iPhone 5 gets 3-4 bars of LTE and the iPad 3 gets 1 at best and drops to 3G all the time. Its lackluster performance has me questioning just how good Apple is with their antenna design and placement. This is a $829 + AppleCare+ $99, so I spend $928 and get worse performance than I did on previous LTE devices (aka Android) pretty sad quality for Apple these days.
    11-03-2012 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD