Do I have screen issues?

henrysickle

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

My first 'New iPad' seemed to have a yellow tinge, and after comparing it with my brothers iPad and taking it into the Apple store it was confirmed. They replaced it with a refurb as and that one had issues. I then had it replaced again, and I've taken some pics comparing it with my brothers iPad.

I need another pair of eyes to help me judge, as I've been staring at iPad screens the past couple of days, I can't tell which seems most accurate. What do you think of my screen? Is this one worthy of keeping? I kinda need a pretty decent display as I plan on using my iPad as a digital portfolio to show of my work for job interviews.

The first one of each picture is my bro's iPad. The second is mine.

Pictures by henrysickle - Photobucket

Some comparison shots. My iPad is always on the right.

iPad Comparison pictures by henrysickle - Photobucket

Are there any issues with mine? I'm inspecting the screen since my first two had an issue.

Thanks

EDIT: hmmm, my links won't change to click-able ones.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With the exception of a mechanical issue, I suspect that your yellow tinge is merely a warm hue. When the iphone 4S was released, the threads were filled with complaints of the yellow tint color of the display and I was one of the ones who complained. Compared to the iphone 4, the warm tint was undeniable because the iphone 4, not all of them, had a cool hue/tint that made it look brighter. Now, however, I can barely notice a yellowish tint. Anyway, being that I'm not there to physically look at your device, I can only speculate on the problem.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That is the glue that holds the digitizer down. Once it fully cures the yellow goes away. I had it on my "new" iPad too.

henrysickle

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
With the exception of a mechanical issue, I suspect that your yellow tinge is merely a warm hue. When the iphone 4S was released, the threads were filled with complaints of the yellow tint color of the display and I was one of the ones who complained. Compared to the iphone 4, the warm tint was undeniable because the iphone 4, not all of them, had a cool hue/tint that made it look brighter. Now, however, I can barely notice a yellowish tint. Anyway, being that I'm not there to physically look at your device, I can only speculate on the problem.

Yeah, that's what I've read, but the first iPad I bought had a noticeable yellow 'tinge' on it, and compared to my brothers iPad, it was very noticeable. They were only bought within a day of eachother, mine being the first one bought, and the yellow seemed to get worse. This one however, appears to have a slight pink hue to it, which I don't know if it is a defect?

here you go. you need more posts to have the ability to post links :)

Ahh, thanks! Appreciate it.

That is the glue that holds the digitizer down. Once it fully cures the yellow goes away. I had it on my "new" iPad too.

Yeah, but on my replacement, the screen appears to be duller, and less bright than my brothers iPad, and it appears to have more of a pink hue to it than yellow, so I dunno whether to get it replaced or stick with it.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey there,

My first 'New iPad' seemed to have a yellow tinge, and after comparing it with my brothers iPad and taking it into the Apple store it was confirmed. They replaced it with a refurb as and that one had issues. I then had it replaced again, and I've taken some pics comparing it with my brothers iPad.

I need another pair of eyes to help me judge, as I've been staring at iPad screens the past couple of days, I can't tell which seems most accurate. What do you think of my screen? Is this one worthy of keeping? I kinda need a pretty decent display as I plan on using my iPad as a digital portfolio to show of my work for job interviews.

The first one of each picture is my bro's iPad. The second is mine.

Pictures by henrysickle - Photobucket

Some comparison shots. My iPad is always on the right.

iPad Comparison pictures by henrysickle - Photobucket

Are there any issues with mine? I'm inspecting the screen since my first two had an issue.

Thanks

EDIT: hmmm, my links won't change to click-able ones.

The thing is though, pictures taken of the iPad's screen I find its very hard to get a true idea of what the screen would look like if I was looking at it with my own eyes.

Give it a couple of weeks to see if it is the glue/bonding that hasnt properly cured. If it remains after that time I would get it replaced.

My first iPad 3 had a noticible yellow cast of one corner of the screen, after around 10 days it had not improved, so I contacted Apple Care and got it replaced. That one was fine screen wise but got replaced 2-3 weeks later with a wifi issue. The one I then got has been fine, no issues at all thankfully.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have to look that close just to be able to see defects in your screen I highly doubt you have an issue. That said. It depends on who made the screen as to the color tint that you will find. There are some iPad's that do have a more yellow tint to them than others. If there is nothing else wrong with your screen one option to getting the tint that you like is to jailbreak your iPad and download an app called "color profiles" which allows you change the display color of your iPad. My iPhone had a warm tint to it which I didn't like but didn't feel like swapping it out since I wasn't having any other issues with it. So I downloaded colorprofiles and now my 4S has a bluish tint to it as that is how I like it.... You can always take you iPad back and get Apple to look at it if you don't feel like Jailbreaking. Good luck.