Want an iPad 3, but trying to justify it. Help?

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4s and 13" thin laptop (not Macbook Air thin, but its pretty portable)

I have never owned an iPad but have played with some that belong to friends. I'm sure this has been said over and over but it seems like a big iPhone to me, from what i have been able to absorb while playing with them.

Although, the more and more I see them around, especially the new Retina Display one... It makes me want one! they just look really cool and feel awesome in your hands.

I guess if I were to get one, it would be an entertainment device for me (since it can't replace my laptop for work duties) but that being the case.. I've been thinking of maybe investing that money towards a PS3 or something (cheaper and higher quality games)

I'm really on the fence on this one.. It's definitely more of a want than a need i know that for sure..

Maybe i should save for something better.. but the iPad has been on my mind since the iPad 2 got released. I guess im just trying to avoid "buyers remorse"

LaDon08

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a new iPad and that coupled with my 4s is pretty nice for iCloud. I love it for email and movies. I bought it on release day, selling my iPad 2 for it, and can honestly say that buyers remorse has never come into play. I've integrated my ipad so deeply into my job through email, Evernote, Dropbox, and even the iWork software, that I hardly use my MacBook, which was aging anyway. I couldn't imagine my job without the iPad now.

That being said, I also just got a nexus 7 in the mail and it's pretty amazing, especially for the low price. I wouldn't rule that out at all. I had thought that the kindle fire sized tablets were stupid but, at least for some tasks, this size is perfect. You couldn't go wrong with it. The only thing missing is the apple ecosystem, but in some ways it's a welcomed change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a 4S, an ipad3 and a 15"Dell Studio laptop. I had the iPad 1 and wanted the iPad 3, but like you I was having trouble justifying it. I bit the bullet and got the 32GB and I'm so glad I did. The iPad 3 is fantastic, I haven't put it down in two months. It was pricey, but in my opinion, worth every penny.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're only looking for an entertainment device then your best bet *might* be with a Playstation, XBox, or the Wii. In regard to the iPad, it is, in many ways, a big iPhone but it's easier on the eyes. Viewing webpages etcetera on the iPad screen is a joy even though viewing them on the iPhone is not bad, by any means. The question boils down to need. Do you need one or do you simply want one? You've already stated that it will not replace your laptop and you already own an iPhone so from my perspective and your own confession, your desire to get the iPad is not out of necessity. If money is not an issue then I say go for it, but if it is, you might want to wait a bit or invest in one of the above mentioned gaming devices.

Last edited:

eric6052

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Even if you buy a new iPad and decide it's not for you the resale value is great. I went from an Android tablet to the new iPad and I'm really happy with my decision. It is a great device and fun to use, but the advice to check out the Nexus 7 for $200 is a good idea as well.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a 1 wifi and bought the 3 LTE. Because I can always be connected I find that I use the 3 a lot more then I was recently using 1. I could always tether to m phone but the extra step kept me from bothering. I would just use the phone and leave the 1 at home. Now it is no contest, the 3 is always with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S and the new iPad. I use the iPhone when I am out and about. I use the iPad when I'm at home. The iPad is like an oversized iPhone and that's why I like it. I don't need or have a laptop or desktop computer. My iPad is able to fit the bill in every area of need. With the new camera, retina display, and faster GPU it's the one to get.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the fence as well, actually went into a store and was ready to buy when the rep told me it was two late in the day, was actually 15 minutes to close, which I thought was poor business. I have an iPhone 4S and a MacBook and am still debating whether to get it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73