Set-up / sync problems with laptop

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
I had an original iPad when they first came out & got rid of it some time ago. I've since bought a new iPad, & upon receiving it, set it up OTA. Since getting a few weeks ago I've not yet connected it to my laptop.

As I'm travelling most of next week I decided to load it up with movies from my laptop. I've plugged it in, but iTunes seems to think it's the old iPad. Instead of showing my current iPad & all it's details/content, I'm being told to set the iPad up - either as a new device (which I don't want to do as it's already set up & full of all my stuff), or from a backup from my old iPad.

iTunes won't seem to let me access my current iPad, despite it all being set up correctly already. Anyone got any ideas/suggestion of how to bypass the iTunes set up & just access my content etc?!

Thanks!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It should recognoize that it's a new iPad and offer to copy over your backup from the old iPad. Maybe that IS what it's offering to do and you are just misunderstanding it? This is how BlackBerry desktop manager works anyways.

What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to simply add content from your laptop, to the content you have already downloaded to the ipad over the air?

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
It should recognoize that it's a new iPad and offer to copy over your backup from the old iPad. Maybe that IS what it's offering to do and you are just misunderstanding it? This is how BlackBerry desktop manager works anyways.

What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to simply add content from your laptop, to the content you have already downloaded to the ipad over the air?

I guess you didnt understand it properly. In short and simple words, he is trying to reach and access the content of his new device through the laptop and is asking about some method of how to bypass the iTunes setup?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner