Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Can a "new" iPad roam on an extended network yet with a prepaid plan?

I'm just curious, may possibly buy another one after I pay off my MBA. I do want a Verizon version considering we have a LTEiRA partner here. I just don't have a post-paid Verizon account and before I know a prepaid account wouldn't work on an extended network, but I heard Verizon released a carrier update.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,566 Global Posts

Last i heard, the roaming issue was fixed. But you'll always need a postpaid plan for it. But with data sharing plans from verizon, perhaps it works out better anyways. Depends on your situation.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Had this same wonder. I purchased my iPad 3 from Verizon and had no clue about any of this. Well that night at home I purchased a pre paid plan. I was traveling across country that next week (last week) and noticed my iPad never roamed, it just went on to no service, even the area I was staying at in Oklahoma was an "extended data" area. July 2nd I drove to the closest town, purchased post paid plan, they had to put a new sim in and the voila, I had extended data! This was a week ago.
    Space Grey 64gb iPhone 5s
    Ipad Air White 32gb Wifi+LTE
    Macbook pro 15" (2010)
    Apple TV2

Also in our house:

White 32gb iPhone 5
    White 16gb iPhone 4s
    iPad Mini 32gb Wifi+LTE
    iPad Mini 16gb Wifi
    Macbook Pro 13"
    Apple TV2(2010)