imessage & facetime sign-in failure

sharpie5

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
hi all and sos please.
am a new owner of a new ipad 3.
for some reason when i try to sign in with my apple id a message appears saying i "cannot sign in and to check my network connection".
this is odd to me as my wireless network is fine and works for all other applications on the ipad.
can anyone help or refer me to a relevant thread.

really appreciate anyones help with this.

cheers

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try a hard reset hold power and home if that don't work go to setting and erase network connections settings

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

gaskaj

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
imessage & facetime sign-in (solution)

Yesterday I ran into this and thought I would post the "solution" for the issue.

Problem: I verified I could log into the Apple community using the username and password I had set for my Apple ID, works fine. When I try and click on FaceTime the login failed repeatedly no matter what we tried.

Solution: Use your @me.com email address (Apple automatically created you can see this on your profile screen) vs. your email address and your password to log into FaceTime. (This will work). Once you are logged into FaceTime click the "View Account" button in FaceTime and this time use your email address you would normally use. This will authenticate you and you can view your account in FaceTime. Once you have done this log out of FaceTime and "magic" now you can use your normal email address & password for FaceTime and it will work.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods